Mixing a live singer with traktor s4? Help!

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Mixing a live singer with traktor s4? Help!Reply
Mixing a live singer with traktor s4? Help!
Posted on: 11.06.2013 by Alexis Casolari
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to wrap my head around mixing in a live singer over tracks playing through my traktor s4.

Would the simplest way to take one of the 4 channels and set it to a live channel? That way I can mix the vocals in better and control everything through traktor so nothing distorts.

I also have a komplete audio 6, would another option be to route the traktor and mic into individual inputs on the KA6? This would make it more difficult to monitor the levels though right?

Or would it be best to connect the microphone to whichever mixer is available that I plug my s4 into?

I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to vocal mixing. Theres so much variability with a singer's voice, is it possible to put a limiter on a channel through traktor? Am I just crazy and vocals don't take THAT much headroom and i can just let it ride and focus on the music set?

Sorry for the rant, I'm losing my mind trying to make sense of it! Your help and insight is appreciated!!!
Alexis Casolari
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to wrap my head around mixing in a live singer over tracks playing through my traktor s4.

Would the simplest way to take one of the 4 channels and set it to a live channel? That way I can mix the vocals in better and control everything through traktor so nothing distorts.

I also have a komplete audio 6, would another option be to route the traktor and mic into individual inputs on the KA6? This would make it more difficult to monitor the levels though right?

Or would it be best to connect the microphone to whichever mixer is available that I plug my s4 into?

I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to vocal mixing. Theres so much variability with a singer's voice, is it possible to put a limiter on a channel through traktor? Am I just crazy and vocals don't take THAT much headroom and i can just let it ride and focus on the music set?

Sorry for the rant, I'm losing my mind trying to make sense of it! Your help and insight is appreciated!!!

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy