Traktor S4 Midi Mode + Ableton Live 9. I'm so close!

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Traktor S4 Midi Mode + Ableton Live 9. I'm so close!Reply
Traktor S4 Midi Mode + Ableton Live 9. I'm so close!
Posted on: 20.05.2013 by Loyce Iler
Screen Shot 2013-05-20 at 6.49.09 PM.jpg

I feel like I'm so close
(Above) I've gone into the Midi Remote Scrips, created a folder titled Traktor S4, and copied the UserConfiguration.txt file, making the recommended edits for Midi CC #'s.
But as you can see in the picture below... The control surface is recognized, but the input and output are not.

Screen Shot 2013-05-20 at 7.06.07 PM.png

I have no idea where to find the official names for the Traktor S4's Input and output ports. what am I supposed to name them? Is this not my only issue here? Please, any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Loyce Iler
Originally Posted by padi_04
Did you check your controller is properly detected by OS X and set in MIDI mode? Live isn't seeing your S4 and that has nothing to do with the script.
I HAVE DISCOVERED THE PROBLEM!

I was using Traktor's standard usb adapter cable to try to run it in MIDI mode. This is not the way to do so, I discovered, when I took the 5-Prong MIDI to USB cable from my keyboard and plugged it into the traktor. Live instantly recognized traktors input and outputs and all I had to do then was go into Controller editor and change the midi port for Traktor S4 from External to Internal. and BAM! My S4 is Mapping with LIVE! YIPPEE!!
Loyce Iler
The S4 is connected and perfectly responsive upon opening Traktor Pro Software.
So I'll close traktor software, press [Shift]+Browse to enter Midi Mode, and proceed to open Live 9.
Still, upon opening Live's preferences, only the User Script is recognized.. No input or output.

My F1 controller maps up just perfectly, and as you can see in this screen shot below, I don't even have to select it as a control surface, just the recognized input and output..

Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 2.53.14 PM.png

This issue is really frustrating, as I would love more than anything to map my S4's Jogwheels to certain Macro knobs for awesome hands-on sound manipulation. Any further help you can provide would be very appreciated. I'm positive that it's doable.. I feel like I'm a small step away.
Loyce Iler
Screen Shot 2013-05-20 at 6.49.09 PM.jpg

I feel like I'm so close
(Above) I've gone into the Midi Remote Scrips, created a folder titled Traktor S4, and copied the UserConfiguration.txt file, making the recommended edits for Midi CC #'s.
But as you can see in the picture below... The control surface is recognized, but the input and output are not.

Screen Shot 2013-05-20 at 7.06.07 PM.png

I have no idea where to find the official names for the Traktor S4's Input and output ports. what am I supposed to name them? Is this not my only issue here? Please, any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Carlo Molloy
try to open ableton with Controller Manager open...
Nedra Fresneda
^This. Still glad you got it working.
Alphonso Deitchman
Sounds like you just had some settings wrong. You don't need to use a MIDI to USB adapter to use the S4 in MIDI mode, but it is one possible way to make it work.
Loyce Iler
Originally Posted by padi_04
Did you check your controller is properly detected by OS X and set in MIDI mode? Live isn't seeing your S4 and that has nothing to do with the script.
I HAVE DISCOVERED THE PROBLEM!

I was using Traktor's standard usb adapter cable to try to run it in MIDI mode. This is not the way to do so, I discovered, when I took the 5-Prong MIDI to USB cable from my keyboard and plugged it into the traktor. Live instantly recognized traktors input and outputs and all I had to do then was go into Controller editor and change the midi port for Traktor S4 from External to Internal. and BAM! My S4 is Mapping with LIVE! YIPPEE!!
Loyce Iler
The S4 is connected and perfectly responsive upon opening Traktor Pro Software.
So I'll close traktor software, press [Shift]+Browse to enter Midi Mode, and proceed to open Live 9.
Still, upon opening Live's preferences, only the User Script is recognized.. No input or output.

My F1 controller maps up just perfectly, and as you can see in this screen shot below, I don't even have to select it as a control surface, just the recognized input and output..

Screen Shot 2013-05-21 at 2.53.14 PM.png

This issue is really frustrating, as I would love more than anything to map my S4's Jogwheels to certain Macro knobs for awesome hands-on sound manipulation. Any further help you can provide would be very appreciated. I'm positive that it's doable.. I feel like I'm a small step away.
Nedra Fresneda

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy