Strange issue with AC adapter/Power supply for the S4

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Strange issue with AC adapter/Power supply for the S4Reply
Strange issue with AC adapter/Power supply for the S4
Posted on: 18.06.2013 by Trenton Krook
Over the weekend I noticed my S4 was not powering up at all through the AC adapter, and ran exclusively through USB power when connected to my laptop. I tried to adjust the positioning of the connection between the AC adapter and the S4, but that didn't work. I then tried powering the unit on without the USB plugged into my computer, and then waited for approximately 10 minutes, and then the unit finally managed to turn on through the AC Adapter, and then each subsequent time I turned on the unit afterwards it had no problem booting up.

I then packed up my S4 and took it home, and plugged it in earlier today to the AC adapter and tried turning the unit on, and once again it failed to turn on. Thinking the unit would turn on like last time, I left the power button pressed in and my S4 managed to turn on finally after several hours. Now the peculiar thing is, like the last time it managed to turn on after some time; each subsequent time turning on the unit, my S4 was able to boot up with no delays.

I was just wondering if any of you guys here had the same issue with your S4/S2, and if there was any fixes or solutions available to alleviate this issue?
Trenton Krook
Over the weekend I noticed my S4 was not powering up at all through the AC adapter, and ran exclusively through USB power when connected to my laptop. I tried to adjust the positioning of the connection between the AC adapter and the S4, but that didn't work. I then tried powering the unit on without the USB plugged into my computer, and then waited for approximately 10 minutes, and then the unit finally managed to turn on through the AC Adapter, and then each subsequent time I turned on the unit afterwards it had no problem booting up.

I then packed up my S4 and took it home, and plugged it in earlier today to the AC adapter and tried turning the unit on, and once again it failed to turn on. Thinking the unit would turn on like last time, I left the power button pressed in and my S4 managed to turn on finally after several hours. Now the peculiar thing is, like the last time it managed to turn on after some time; each subsequent time turning on the unit, my S4 was able to boot up with no delays.

I was just wondering if any of you guys here had the same issue with your S4/S2, and if there was any fixes or solutions available to alleviate this issue?
Gaynell Rydberg
Sounds like you have damaged capacitors somewhere.

Give it to NI to deal with.
Charline Dye
Have no clue what's going on there. I would give NI a call.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy