S2 USB disconnects ?

S2 USB disconnects ?
Posted on: 22.03.2012 by Rebbeca Geohagan
Hey everyone ! so i just got my S2, and its pretty sweet! but it disconnects from my USB randomly. it works when i unplug and plug it back in but i really dont want this to happen at a gig which is coming up in a few short weeks.... whats wrong with it ???

Simply put. My S2 keeps disconnecting from my Laptop.
Rebbeca Geohagan
Originally Posted by markxdye
does it happen when you start using effects and stuff? Mine is doing this too and im emailing support right now. Using windows 7 64-bit. How bout you?
Yes ! i also use windows 7 64-bit and everytime I touch the effects and play around with the Jog wheels it disconnects keep us posted !
Rebbeca Geohagan
Originally Posted by ExTrCt.
invest in a mac
or return unit for new one.
LOL man I wish :*( the wedding is in like less then 4 weeks and i dont believe i can invest in one fast enough D:
Rebbeca Geohagan
Hey everyone ! so i just got my S2, and its pretty sweet! but it disconnects from my USB randomly. it works when i unplug and plug it back in but i really dont want this to happen at a gig which is coming up in a few short weeks.... whats wrong with it ???

Simply put. My S2 keeps disconnecting from my Laptop.
Toney Dalldorf
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if anybody figured this one out yet.

I Bought my Traktor S2 a year ago,and I cant even use it for a gig. I'm using my iPad and Traktor DJ. Allow me to explain--------

Shortly after I bought my S2 I started to see big CPU/Load spikes, in the software CPU meter. Then my S2 would randomly disconnect itself from my PC/usb. I have a special built PC, running Win7. It more than triples the requirements needed to support Traktor pro 2.

I did "ALL" the troubleshooting and diagnostics, that are humanly possible. I tweaked all the power management settings,updated all my drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled Traktor countless times,and ran the DJ optimizer. I had computer technicians come to my house and run tests on my PC. They all found nothing. Soo I took my PC back to Best Buy and explained the issues. They had it for a week and found nothing wrong. I was completely convinced that it was an issue with my S2.

Next I called the music store from where I purchased the S2. I explained all the tests that had been performed on my PC, and the store tech also agreed that it was certainly an issue with the hardware. it was still under warranty, so he replaced my S2 with a brand new one. When I got it home and after about an hour of beatgriding. It happened again. it continued to happen no matter what settings I tweaked in the software or on my PC.

I contacted NI support,via email. I explained the whole long process to them. They were very diligent in helping find a solution. They gave me more troubleshooting tips and then sent me a utility file, which would allow them to gather the information from my PC to diagnose the problem. After all of their tests, they told me to send my S2 to them, and they would repair or replace the unit. they even paid for all of the shipping charges. I received an email on the day that they received my S2. They sent me a Brand new S2 that same day.

After a few hours of tinkering with my (3rd) new S2, it happened again.......
this time I was positive that it had to be my PC. so 2 weeks ago I took it back to Best Buy Again...they found that the hard drive had bad sectors and replaced the hard drive, still under warranty. They said that my problems should be fixed............Its not fixed.

I had my PC fixed, I had my 3rd S2 and still it keeps disconnecting from my PC.....So I thought. It must be the Dam software....a couple hours ago I went on NI's site and bought a brand new Traktor pro 2 for 90 bucks. uninstalled the old and installed the new software.......same results.........after a year, I still have a $500 paper weight.
Rebbeca Geohagan
agh still does it... anyone find a solution yet ???
Martha Yannuzzi
where can you find the updates (windows 7). same problem here :L
Rebbeca Geohagan
okay, <9000 updates after... i THINK its fine... il keep yall updated thanks !
Dorathy Stegman
Hi

Try download all newest updates for your OS and USB port drivers. Try to dissconect all usb sticks and other usb devices because if your OS used too much bandwith can be dissconnect your s2 and for last look your advanced power management advanced -> sellective usb option.

Stay tune
Rebbeca Geohagan
I hate gateway LOL
Myung Belski
Get the latest updates for your OS. This same problem was happening to my Turion X2 2.0ghz Vista 64bit HP laptop until I got every single update there is, and I honestly do not get any disconnects after only skratching with my s2 anymore. Everything works great with my vista laptop.

My i5 2.9ghz Win7 64bit Samsung laptop never had this problem though. It really depends on all elements that make up your laptop.
Rebbeca Geohagan
Originally Posted by markxdye
does it happen when you start using effects and stuff? Mine is doing this too and im emailing support right now. Using windows 7 64-bit. How bout you?
Yes ! i also use windows 7 64-bit and everytime I touch the effects and play around with the Jog wheels it disconnects keep us posted !
Rebbeca Geohagan
Originally Posted by ExTrCt.
invest in a mac
LOL man I wish :*( the wedding is in like less then 4 weeks and i dont believe i can invest in one fast enough D:
Somer Vanstraten
i had issue myself with vci arcade and windows, try with a mac of a friend, so you can see if is a pc or controller problem
Jaleesa Zheng
invest in a mac
Shonta Prieto
Rebbeca Geohagan
Okay so nothing seems to be working still.... this is seriously testing my patience, i cant believe i spent a whole god damn day trying to fix this stupid problem and dident find one solution... Could it be a computer problem ? if it is thats just stupid.
Rebbeca Geohagan
Btw OS ? i dont use a mac
Ada Matzkin
my trigger finger does the same thing
Rebbeca Geohagan
aiight thanks il try it ASAFP and get back to ya
Somer Vanstraten
mmh, i believe you tried to change usb port right?
i'll try with a different cable.
If that doesn't work, you should make a new clean partition,see if it works well with only traktor installed to see if is a os problem.
If it still disconnect, is a S2 fault, and you have to contact NI

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy