Traktor 2 deck B&D freezing in front of 1500 people

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Traktor 2 deck B&D freezing in front of 1500 peopleReply
Traktor 2 deck B&D freezing in front of 1500 people
Posted on: 02.05.2013 by Maryalice Soledad
Hey everyone. Traktor literally fucked me up in front of 1500 people yesterday.

At the beginning I've noticed that while playing Deck B was skipping like a scratched CD or something.

Later on it freezed. The Deck light was blinking and I couldn't move it or do anything with that deck. Not even load a new track. Same thing with Deck D.

So I then continue to play with Deck A and C (very annoying)

But guess what? After 4-5 tunes A&C also froze and I've seen my set being destroyed while I was totally embarrassed.

This is the second time I experienced this. The first time I tried calibrating the whole thing, which didn't work, but it did work when I re-installed the controller editor. (weird) This time this method didn't solve the problem.

Seriously I can't stand the risk of this again and I am traumatised by this experience.

Any thoughts?
Sherika Hamski
Originally Posted by Mix:d Entertainment
I had the same problem a year ago. Turned off the Jog Wheel Push in Preferences - no problem since then.
I had the same issue with my S2 and a friend has had it with his S4, it's a sensor malfunction. If recalibrating didn't fix it I would agree, disable Jog Wheel Push In until you can get it fixed/replaced.
Maryalice Soledad
Originally Posted by sarasin
How about listing your gear and software versions....

That will get you some replies.
Good point

I've got a Macbook pro running with Mac OS 10.8.3.

Traktor Pro 2 with all the latest updates straight from the service center and using S4
Maryalice Soledad
Hey everyone. Traktor literally fucked me up in front of 1500 people yesterday.

At the beginning I've noticed that while playing Deck B was skipping like a scratched CD or something.

Later on it freezed. The Deck light was blinking and I couldn't move it or do anything with that deck. Not even load a new track. Same thing with Deck D.

So I then continue to play with Deck A and C (very annoying)

But guess what? After 4-5 tunes A&C also froze and I've seen my set being destroyed while I was totally embarrassed.

This is the second time I experienced this. The first time I tried calibrating the whole thing, which didn't work, but it did work when I re-installed the controller editor. (weird) This time this method didn't solve the problem.

Seriously I can't stand the risk of this again and I am traumatised by this experience.

Any thoughts?
Sherika Hamski
Originally Posted by Mix:d Entertainment
I had the same problem a year ago. Turned off the Jog Wheel Push in Preferences - no problem since then.
I had the same issue with my S2 and a friend has had it with his S4, it's a sensor malfunction. If recalibrating didn't fix it I would agree, disable Jog Wheel Push In until you can get it fixed/replaced.
Iliana Seanor
Alphonso Deitchman
Load button flashes when the jog wheel sensor is active, so your sensor must be faulty if it's triggering by itself.
Maryalice Soledad

Here is what happens in this video.
Alphonso Deitchman
Sounds like it could be a jog wheel sensor malfunction. Removing and replacing the jog wheel plate can sometimes help, but if it happens again you should contact NI and get a replacement if possible.
Maryalice Soledad
Originally Posted by sarasin

Good point

I've got a Macbook pro running with Mac OS 10.8.3.

Traktor Pro 2 with all the latest updates straight from the service center and using S4
Lilliana Perris

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy