S4 Cue Points

S4 Cue Points
Posted on: 05.07.2013 by Gidget Grosshuesch
Hey all. Not sure if this is a unique question or if I'm being an idiot. But...on the S4 the only way I know how to set a cue point is via the buttons (1-4 and then the additional 4 above them) of which there are 8. The problem is that by using these 8 buttons to set cue points, I've also made them hot cues. But I don't want some of them to be hot cues. Is there a way to set a cue point other than by using the hot cue buttons? I notice in some of the DJTT videos, they have well over 8 cue points. How are all of those set? I know Traktor can handle a lot of cue points. Do I really have to set 8 hot cues before I can set additional cue points?

Thank you so much to anyone who has run into this and can help!
Gidget Grosshuesch
Originally Posted by Stewe
You can set and trigger only eight hotcues using direct button command. However, Traktor can store up to 32 hotcues in a single track and the only way to access them all would be using previous/next cue point command.
OK. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Gidget Grosshuesch
Hey all. Not sure if this is a unique question or if I'm being an idiot. But...on the S4 the only way I know how to set a cue point is via the buttons (1-4 and then the additional 4 above them) of which there are 8. The problem is that by using these 8 buttons to set cue points, I've also made them hot cues. But I don't want some of them to be hot cues. Is there a way to set a cue point other than by using the hot cue buttons? I notice in some of the DJTT videos, they have well over 8 cue points. How are all of those set? I know Traktor can handle a lot of cue points. Do I really have to set 8 hot cues before I can set additional cue points?

Thank you so much to anyone who has run into this and can help!
Erica Charvet
You can only set cues 9-32 after the first 8 have been set. It's pretty easy to fill the cues 1-8 up, set cues 9-32, and then delete any 1-8 cues you don't want by using the Shift+Hotcue command
Gidget Grosshuesch
Originally Posted by Stewe
You can set and trigger only eight hotcues using direct button command. However, Traktor can store up to 32 hotcues in a single track and the only way to access them all would be using previous/next cue point command.
OK. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Kellie Myrum

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy