Traktor Kontrol S2/Pro 2 USB indicator issue with Mac - please help!

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Traktor Kontrol S2/Pro 2 USB indicator issue with Mac - please help!Reply
Traktor Kontrol S2/Pro 2 USB indicator issue with Mac - please help!
Posted on: 12.07.2013 by Eryn Marcacci
Hi all,

I have a MacBook (early 2008 - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz) which I recently upgraded to 4GB RAM (from 2GB) and subsequently installed Lion (OS X 10.7.5), ready to then install Traktor Pro 2 for use with a Kontrol S2 (both brand new). Having installed the hardware/software as instructed in the setup guide for the controller, when running Pro 2 and plugging in the S2 to my laptop, only the USB indicator light flashes on the controller but it does not appear to be 'syncing' with the software/laptop. The software itself seems to be working fine as selected tracks are playing out of the laptop's speakers, it is the controller which has no functionality and no sound is coming out of the active monitor speakers hooked up to it (with XLR to RCA cables).

Having looked on the Native Instruments Service Centre and other internet community s for solutions, as has been suggested on these I have tried deleting and reinstalling the software/drivers, have checked the MIDI setup on the laptop and have checked whether the Controller Editor shows an error message (it doesn't) and none of the above have resolved the problem! I assume I have the correct driver installed as the software download is supposed to include the most up to date version (1.1.0), although I can't find this in the Native Instruments folder that appears once installation is complete to check (I did read on a community though that this folder is apparently 'invisible' for some reason). I have also read that the issue can be related to the USB cable/port etc, however I am using the brand new USB cable that came with the controller and have checked that I am inserting this into the correct port directly into the laptop (2.0 high speed bus not sharing port with iSight etc).

If anyone has any ideas as to why none of the above have resolved the issue and what could be causing it, any advice would be much appreciated - I am at a total loss as to how to get the S2 working!

Thanks!
Eryn Marcacci
Hi all,

I have a MacBook (early 2008 - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz) which I recently upgraded to 4GB RAM (from 2GB) and subsequently installed Lion (OS X 10.7.5), ready to then install Traktor Pro 2 for use with a Kontrol S2 (both brand new). Having installed the hardware/software as instructed in the setup guide for the controller, when running Pro 2 and plugging in the S2 to my laptop, only the USB indicator light flashes on the controller but it does not appear to be 'syncing' with the software/laptop. The software itself seems to be working fine as selected tracks are playing out of the laptop's speakers, it is the controller which has no functionality and no sound is coming out of the active monitor speakers hooked up to it (with XLR to RCA cables).

Having looked on the Native Instruments Service Centre and other internet community s for solutions, as has been suggested on these I have tried deleting and reinstalling the software/drivers, have checked the MIDI setup on the laptop and have checked whether the Controller Editor shows an error message (it doesn't) and none of the above have resolved the problem! I assume I have the correct driver installed as the software download is supposed to include the most up to date version (1.1.0), although I can't find this in the Native Instruments folder that appears once installation is complete to check (I did read on a community though that this folder is apparently 'invisible' for some reason). I have also read that the issue can be related to the USB cable/port etc, however I am using the brand new USB cable that came with the controller and have checked that I am inserting this into the correct port directly into the laptop (2.0 high speed bus not sharing port with iSight etc).

If anyone has any ideas as to why none of the above have resolved the issue and what could be causing it, any advice would be much appreciated - I am at a total loss as to how to get the S2 working!

Thanks!
Eryn Marcacci
Yea I did and have done so now quite a few times since I first installed/reinstalled the software etc but still when I switch the laptop back on and connect the S2 again just the USB light flashes. I've also tried installing the driver update from the NI Service Centre just in case but when I open this an error message appears saying that there is no device connected (even though the S2 is plugged into the laptop).
Alphonso Deitchman
Did you install the latest Kontrol S2 drivers and do a hard reboot of your Macbook afterwards?

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy