Importing another collection

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Importing another collectionReply
Importing another collection
Posted on: 24.07.2013 by Verena Minichiello
My setup is Traktor Pro 2.5.1, OSX 10.6.8

The internal disc i full - 500 gb.

Manually I have copied musicfiles to external firewire disc. Also copied the Native Instruments mapp in documents.
(did not use the function export collection since its not working properly when copying 500 gb)

Whats happening when I use the "Import another collection"?

Will the "other collection" show up as a tree structure on its own in the browser tree in Traktor Pro?

(or will it mix with the old tree-structure?)

Mixt
Verena Minichiello
My setup is Traktor Pro 2.5.1, OSX 10.6.8

The internal disc i full - 500 gb.

Manually I have copied musicfiles to external firewire disc. Also copied the Native Instruments mapp in documents.
(did not use the function export collection since its not working properly when copying 500 gb)

Whats happening when I use the "Import another collection"?

Will the "other collection" show up as a tree structure on its own in the browser tree in Traktor Pro?

(or will it mix with the old tree-structure?)

Mixt
Charline Dye
Your collection file should stay in your Traktor Folder. Of course having a back up on your external drive is a good idea.
After you have moved your tracks, you just need to go into preferences and tell Traktor where to find them by changing the file path. No need for a new collection.
Importing a new collection, if I remember right, would be a entirely new or different collection. Not merged, and not as a separate tree.
Brunilda Kora
Dunno. Sounds like hell to me!

I would guess that the best thing to do would be to move the Traktor Collection file along with the music files, and then update collection??? Maybe...?

I'll be keeping all Traktor specific information on the same (external) drive as the music files and my iTunes library...

I'm sure someone that knows Traktor better than me will be along that can help...

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy