Help on setting up my new S4

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Help on setting up my new S4Reply
Help on setting up my new S4
Posted on: 25.06.2013 by Olene Minyard
I've just had my S4 delivered this morning. Got a bargain deal from Juno Records of
Keturah Wasco
Originally Posted by Bunford
I've just had my S4 delivered this morning. Got a bargain deal from Juno Records of
Vina Thamm
Olene Minyard
Keturah Wasco
Vina Thamm
Olene Minyard
Keturah Wasco
Vina Thamm
Olene Minyard
Keturah Wasco
Vina Thamm
Olene Minyard
Keturah Wasco
Vina Thamm
Olene Minyard
Keturah Wasco
Vina Thamm
Olene Minyard
Lakeesha Storman
I had to not just turn Wifi off, but completely disable the wireless controllers (all of them) in Device Manager.

You can run the Diagnostic tool (name escapes me) that gets installed and set the latency higher and buffer higher, but those still didn't fix the issue. I downloaded a latency detection program from a link somewhere (I believe buried in this site in a sticky?) and that told me disable wireless devices as well as other possibilities until you resolve the issue. NI's diagnostic tool told me my computer couldn't handle it.

Looks like your laptop should be beefy enough, and I tried every possible thing to get the pops to stop. Nothing worked until completely disabling the wifi drivers in the Device Manager. It's a bit of a pain to disable and re-enable after using it, but damn fun once you get it all figured out.

Good luck
Keturah Wasco
Vina Thamm
Charline Dye
Check out the sticky thread at the top of this sub-community by smiTTTen about his windows prep for the S4.
I ended up going with a dual boot system, running the script from the afore mentioned thread, and other tweaks I can't remember.
There is also a sticky and a large thread at the Native Instruments community s on the same subject.

To start with make sure your wifi is off, use the wall wart, turn off all other programs, and see if that helps.

Also look into your latency settings, you may have to raise them.

Hope that helps

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy