Traktor s4 with Korg pad 3

Traktor s4 with Korg pad 3
Posted on: 11.10.2011 by Russel Hedke
hey community its my first post here and wont be the last

i'm getting tomorrow the korg pad 3 as i seen it a good effect for sets and mixes

but i need someone who know abt to set it up with traktor s4 i want to mix with the s4 kontroler but i want use the korg kp3 as effect machine u know and i want to here the mixed when i recored it in the laptop as u know the traktor software will record the set but i also want the korg effect recorded with it so plz help tanks
Russel Hedke
hey community its my first post here and wont be the last

i'm getting tomorrow the korg pad 3 as i seen it a good effect for sets and mixes

but i need someone who know abt to set it up with traktor s4 i want to mix with the s4 kontroler but i want use the korg kp3 as effect machine u know and i want to here the mixed when i recored it in the laptop as u know the traktor software will record the set but i also want the korg effect recorded with it so plz help tanks
Alexandria Thieken
Ok so i just got my kp3 and I need to know who to set it up so the my s4 works as it already does but i can layer over the effects with my mp3.

HELP
Russel Hedke
i want use the traktor s4 effect yea and the kp3 as slave i also need to use the kp3 white noise wich what i realy like to use

so yea the s4 effect

thank u mate
Phylis Lebby
No worries. I'll just make a video for ya when I have a second.
We just need to establish:

Do you want to use Traktor's software effects, or the KP3 hardware effects?
Russel Hedke
mate my english not that perfect ,, okay mate i want to try the usb way so i connect the s4 normaly and then i connect the kp3 to the laptop by the usb now step by step plz tell me how to set it up and do i need laso to connect the output from the s4 to the kp3 when im doin the usb wau from the kp3 to the laptop ?
Phylis Lebby
Proper spelling!

You can sync them if you use a MIDI cable, but I doubt you'll end up doing so. Most of the effects on the KP3 aren't rhythmic, and wouldn't need to be synced to the BPM of the song. As far as sampling goes, you can just do that on the S4.

If you're just using the KP3 as a controller via USB, all the effects within Traktor will by synchronized to the beat already.

To be clear, there's a USB out from the back of the KP3 that will go straight into your computer, not into the S4.

The only reason you'd have the two devices connected was if you were running audio out of the S4 into the KP3 to use the built-in KP3 effects.

Make sense?
Russel Hedke
hey man tank u so much plz wud u tell me more abt how to connect the kp3 by use and then how it will go to the traktor s4 ?

and wud it sync with the s4 ?

cheers
Phylis Lebby
Thank you! MIDI gear is just so pretty. I want to cover my apartment in it.
Veda Zarella
That's one hell of a nice setup mannn !
Phylis Lebby
Also, welcome!
Phylis Lebby
Analog Route: This will use the KP3 built-in effects.

Run RCA (Red and White Cables) out of the S4 into the back of the KP3.
Switch input to "Line" on the KP3.
Use an RCA to 1/8" cable out the back of the KP3 into your audio input of your computer.
Record set with Garageband or something.
I recommend simultaneously recording a dry set within traktor as well in case you don't like the effects you used at some points of the set.

MIDI/USB Route: This will use the Effects in Traktor, NOT the KP3.

Connect the KP3 to the computer using USB.
Map various effects within Traktor to controls on the KP3.
(You can change how the touchpad controls within the KP3 Editor software)
Record Set using Traktor's record function.

KP3 Traktor REPRESENT!
Chas Giraldez
try routing it through the master channel before your speakers, otherwise, i'd invest in an external sound card

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy