Kontrol S4 Beta Driver (2.9.8) available for download.

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Kontrol S4 Beta Driver (2.9.8) available for download.Reply
Kontrol S4 Beta Driver (2.9.8) available for download.
Posted on: 15.03.2011 by nayit ruiz jaramillo
New Windows beta drivers available for Audio 2/4/8 DJ and Traktor S4.

No need to request the beta drivers for the Kontrol S4 anymore,
they have been uploaded to the Support Pages.

The KS4 beta drivers are 2.9.8
Note: Installing the drivers alone may not fix issues especially if users have major DPC latencies of more than 4 ms in latency mon. Users should adjust the buffers and especially the new "USB buffer" for non-optimized computers .

http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...tor_Kontrol_S4

Karlos
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos

Note: Installing the drivers alone may not fix issues especially if users have major DPC latencies of more than 4 ms in latency mon. Users should adjust the buffers and especially the new "USB buffer" for non-optimized computers .

Karlos
Karlos, is the TP2 update the new (beta) driver, or is it still a 'must do'?
Ta.
Samuel Stamaria
Originally Posted by Tekki
That!
Rebooted, reinstalled the new driver, finally recognized S4, its a PC and obviously i selected S4 when I had tried originally but it had stated (not connected)

Only problems it gave me that gig was at one point one deck would not play, i tried to push it forward nothing just a "scrub", sometimes I had to push the deck for the tune to start playing!?
Random X
Originally Posted by photojojo
Did you go into audio settings in preferences and select the S4?
Mac or PC..?
That!
Lin Danek
Wow! If only I would have enough skill to wield that mother one day!
Ask Tiger Woods on how to wield your driver
Lin Danek
Mac or PC..?
Business or Economy Class..?

A must do on PC Karlos? If I have no issues (in Economy Class ) is it not better to wait for the final version?
Thank you.
Athena Greear
Will let you know what I find...

Marylee Limerick
It was certainly interesting for me to read that article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.
Kellie Trutna
Could installing this driver fix my "press play on the s4, traktor play button lights up green, but the track isnt moving?" (http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=43032) issue? Would it be worth trying it?
Lin Danek

Karlos
Karlos, is the TP2 update the new (beta) driver, or is it still a 'must do'?
Ta.
Samuel Stamaria
That!
Rebooted, reinstalled the new driver, finally recognized S4, its a PC and obviously i selected S4 when I had tried originally but it had stated (not connected)

Only problems it gave me that gig was at one point one deck would not play, i tried to push it forward nothing just a "scrub", sometimes I had to push the deck for the tune to start playing!?
Len Lukawski
I ended up uninstalling the beta as it was causing some crazy feedback sound and clicking on the right jog. I did a recalibration of the right jog just in case but no luck. After uninstalling the beta I had to re-install the first service pack and hey presto - no problems.

Even though some people treat BETAs like EULAs (i.e. "No - don't care about the details - f#ck it, click, click, click") it is worth noting that the release build will likely be very different. I am not remotely worried at this point.
Geraldo Ottesen
So I have really no problems with audio drop outs ,cpu , etc with my s4 should I install this new driver or just stay ?
Random X
Originally Posted by photojojo
Mac or PC..?
That!
Lin Danek
Ask Tiger Woods on how to wield your driver
Lin Danek
Mac or PC..?
Business or Economy Class..?

A must do on PC Karlos? If I have no issues (in Economy Class ) is it not better to wait for the final version?
Thank you.
Leeanna Ayla
Samuel Stamaria
Downloaded the new driver today, and all of a sudden it says "no device connected" when I turned on Traktor. I turned on/off my S4, restarted everything. Nothing!! Help please!!!
Mandy Lupone
Want to install the new driver today, but have a gig toevening and my S4 still is in the club from the last gig on thursday. Install it tomorrow and test it But is there any notable changes? Could not see anyone posting any results in this thread... I my be blind, since im at work:P
Karolis Petrauskas
So what's a natural vinyl like latency? In the old traktor/serato I remember anything under 6 was "vinyl like". I also remember in one of Ean's videos he said anything under 10 is good in the new system. I believe it would be a cool article for the blog if they could break it down for us.

@ smitten, thanks for the video.
Len Lukawski
I dunno if this is of any use/interest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehEHjWAaJDE
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by bigbeatzz
Also for anyone who may know, what is the difference between the new way latency is calculated as opposed to the old way. With the old system I could get down to 2.4 but now with the new way its calculated it seems like I can only get about 6 or 7.
The new system is completely different. There really is no way to compare them.
Len Lukawski
Let me have a look in a hour or so. Will let you know what I find...
Karolis Petrauskas
Hey Smitten, do the new drivers allow you to adjust the latency of both the audio and USB buffer.

Also for anyone who may know, what is the difference between the new way latency is calculated as opposed to the old way. With the old system I could get down to 2.4 but now with the new way its calculated it seems like I can only get about 6 or 7.
Len Lukawski
just installed the drivers. Didn't notice any changes in CPU/RAM performance post install. It did however increase my latency setting in Traktor from 9ms to 10.4ms. Haven't looked into properly yet and will share what I find out.
Random X
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Heres your MAC (macgregor) Driver

Random X
I believe I'm on the lucky side here.
Leeanna Ayla
So, no updates for mac.
Random X
So, no updates for mac.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.