Akai LPD8 triggering accidentally problem!

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Akai LPD8 triggering accidentally problem!Reply
Akai LPD8 triggering accidentally problem!
Posted on: 23.04.2013 by Eula Drane
Hey guys

I have an AKAI LPD8, and sometimes when I hit one of the pads relatively hard then another pad turns on by accident. As I have these mapped to FX in traktor its pretty bad, because it can mean suddenly both decks get a reverb on them, and theres no music!

Does anyone else experience these problems, and is it normal for LPD8's, or should I looki into getting a new one. or is there a fix!

Thanks in advance
Eula Drane
Hey guys

I have an AKAI LPD8, and sometimes when I hit one of the pads relatively hard then another pad turns on by accident. As I have these mapped to FX in traktor its pretty bad, because it can mean suddenly both decks get a reverb on them, and theres no music!

Does anyone else experience these problems, and is it normal for LPD8's, or should I looki into getting a new one. or is there a fix!

Thanks in advance
Eula Drane
Yeah well it definately shouldnt happen. I am going to try and send it back

Thanks

Alex
Chet Gatts
doesn't happent to me at all. And sometimes I'll be jamming on the pads like a dam drum. Probably a defective unit. But they are cheaper now, around $50. You could look at other devices that are similar but they tend to be crappier ie.nano pad etc.
Eula Drane
Bump!

The LPD8 does exactly what I want it to do, if it worked. But I cant have it triggering accidentally when Im DJ'ing, so is this something anyone else has experienced?

Or can anyone else reccommend another device that does something similar but is more robust?
Eula Drane
Ok thanks

yeah warranty is up I would have thought. I was just believening if none of this works, I would buy another one but only if this wouldnt happen again. So this isnt a common problem?
Lanita Kosanovic
Only time I was experiencing that kind of behaviour was when my lpd8 got spilled..
Try to open it (it's not complicated, just look on the yt for the manual) and clean it if that's the case and your warranty is up (obviously).

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy