Question about a mixer

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Question about a mixerReply
Question about a mixer
Posted on: 20.05.2013 by Nga Mcquarter
Hi there! Well, I've been looking to buy a 4-Channel Mixer lately and the one that surprised me was the Behringer NOX606 (I know, I know, Behringer uses to be shit). It has 4-EQs, two mics, FXs... There are a few questions I had about it:

1. How does the USB soundcard work? Can you run each channel of your software like Traktor into each channel on the NOX606 or you can only output the sound from the computer to one channel?
2. Can you hook an effects module? like the Kaoss pad 3 or the RMX1000
3. Is the 4-band EQ very different than the 3-band EQ? I've seen it in the Allen & Heath's ones and people say it's awesome, but in a Behringer Mixer? whatever.
4. If you had to chose between the Behringer NOX606 and the American Audio 14MXR, which one would you pick? I saw the American Audio for 250
Nga Mcquarter
Originally Posted by pemberley
I've had very good luck with my Denon mixer. I bought it seven years ago, and it's been very good to me. I find it to be of high quality, and very reasonably priced. If you're looking to do external mixing, the X1100 might be ideal (the X500 is nearly the same thing in a rackmount form factor). The X1600 adds internal effects, and the X1700 adds MIDI and DA converters, but these get expensive quickly.
I have no experience with the Behringer products, but have been really happy with my Denon. Denon mixers seem to provide a great compromise between the low cost of American Audio, Behringer, etc. and the high quality of Allen and Heath, Pioneer, etc.
I really like denon and if i had the money i'd pick a x1700 with a pair of sc3900, but it's not possible because of the money, that's why i looked after those mixers, however i'll check the website and see what's going on
Nga Mcquarter
Originally Posted by Patch
Tough one. I have the DDM4K and love it. It's awesome.

I honestly don't know what I'd choose between the 606 and the 4K...
Is this something like xone92 vs xonedb4? Like one (nox606) is for eq guys and the other (ddm4k) is for effects guys? However i heard the frequencies on the ddm can be changed or something lile that...
Anissa Perusek

Does the 4k have individual channel filters?
Nga Mcquarter
Nope. You MUST buy an interface if you want your computer to output to more than one channel. That's what audio interfaces do!

Only SUPER expensive mixers have a built in interface.

The good news is, we were just talking about a great (cheap!) audio interface that will do the job perfectly:

http://www.esi-audio.com/products/maya44usb+/

It can be had for around
Brunilda Kora
Nope. You MUST buy an interface if you want your computer to output to more than one channel. That's what audio interfaces do!

The good news is, we were just talking about a great (cheap!) audio interface that will do the job perfectly:

It can be had for around
Nga Mcquarter
1. No. The USB interface is assignable to Channel 1 ONLY. So you can play audio from a USB source through the mixer (Channel 1 only).

2. Yes. All channels have got 2 (TWO!) sends.

3. Yes. 4-band eq's are very different to 3-band eq's. A whole eq different.

4. NOX 606 every day of the week. That AA mixer is Fugly, man, and you'll have MUCH MORE fun with the 606.
Thanks for the fast reply! I see a big problem: If you can only route one channel, that's sh*t, because I thought of not buying an interface... Is there any alternative?
Nga Mcquarter
Hi there! Well, I've been looking to buy a 4-Channel Mixer lately and the one that surprised me was the Behringer NOX606 (I know, I know, Behringer uses to be shit). It has 4-EQs, two mics, FXs... There are a few questions I had about it:

1. How does the USB soundcard work? Can you run each channel of your software like Traktor into each channel on the NOX606 or you can only output the sound from the computer to one channel?
2. Can you hook an effects module? like the Kaoss pad 3 or the RMX1000
3. Is the 4-band EQ very different than the 3-band EQ? I've seen it in the Allen & Heath's ones and people say it's awesome, but in a Behringer Mixer? whatever.
4. If you had to chose between the Behringer NOX606 and the American Audio 14MXR, which one would you pick? I saw the American Audio for 250
Gaynell Rydberg
You don't have to get the latest.

Denon X1600 can be had for pretty cheap.
Nga Mcquarter
Originally Posted by pemberley
I've had very good luck with my Denon mixer. I bought it seven years ago, and it's been very good to me. I find it to be of high quality, and very reasonably priced. If you're looking to do external mixing, the X1100 might be ideal (the X500 is nearly the same thing in a rackmount form factor). The X1600 adds internal effects, and the X1700 adds MIDI and DA converters, but these get expensive quickly.
I have no experience with the Behringer products, but have been really happy with my Denon. Denon mixers seem to provide a great compromise between the low cost of American Audio, Behringer, etc. and the high quality of Allen and Heath, Pioneer, etc.
I really like denon and if i had the money i'd pick a x1700 with a pair of sc3900, but it's not possible because of the money, that's why i looked after those mixers, however i'll check the website and see what's going on
Leda Samii
Gaynell Rydberg
Xone92 and Xone DB4 are quite different. That's analog vs digital (although the DB4 is supposed to be amazing, not that the 92 isnt).

606 vs 4K they look extremely similar on the spec sheet. I couldn't tell the difference without comparing them one line at a time.

The Gigaport could work, but I'd recommend getting an NI Audio 8.
Nga Mcquarter
Hey sorry one last help please!! I've seen this interface you said, but it's only 4in4out, so I could only use 2 channels, right? Is there any interface that has 8 outputs?

EDIT: No worries, I found another one from the same firm (ESI Gigaport HD+). Do you know if it's cool?
Nga Mcquarter

Is this something like xone92 vs xonedb4? Like one (nox606) is for eq guys and the other (ddm4k) is for effects guys? However i heard the frequencies on the ddm can be changed or something lile that...
Brunilda Kora
No. But it has 2 freely assignable FX units, so you could assign filters to any 2 channels at once...
Anissa Perusek

Does the 4k have individual channel filters?
Brunilda Kora

Nga Mcquarter
Thanksssss a lot!!!! Btw now that i've found this: what would you pick? Nox606 or DDM4000? Thanks again!
Brunilda Kora
Thomann:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/esi_maya_44_usb.htm
Nga Mcquarter

It can be had for around
Brunilda Kora

It can be had for around
Nga Mcquarter
1. No. The USB interface is assignable to Channel 1 ONLY. So you can play audio from a USB source through the mixer (Channel 1 only).

4. NOX 606 every day of the week. That AA mixer is Fugly, man, and you'll have MUCH MORE fun with the 606.
Thanks for the fast reply! I see a big problem: If you can only route one channel, that's sh*t, because I thought of not buying an interface... Is there any alternative?
Brunilda Kora

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy