Speakers for home Djing to deep house music

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Speakers for home Djing to deep house musicReply
Speakers for home Djing to deep house music
Posted on: 27.05.2013 by Angel Jeppe
Hi there,

I've searched the community s and net for some answers but still slightly confused which speakers to get.
I dj in my living room which is about 10mx 20m and only play deep house tracks for hobby purposes only.

The options available are:

M-Audio BX5 D2
M-Audio BX8 D2
Yamaha HS 50M and 80M
Mackie MR5 & 8mk2
Monster HD clarity One
FBT Jolly 8ba

KRK aren't here and I'd have to ship them here - so that's out of the question unfortunately.

I'm looking for something that has good low end / bass but still clarity and if I have a couple of friends around I can play some tracks for a long time at louder volumes and not worry about the speakers or monitors getting blown.

Any other suggestions are welcome as long as they within the same price as the above speakers.
Angel Jeppe
Hi there,

I've searched the community s and net for some answers but still slightly confused which speakers to get.
I dj in my living room which is about 10mx 20m and only play deep house tracks for hobby purposes only.

The options available are:

M-Audio BX5 D2
M-Audio BX8 D2
Yamaha HS 50M and 80M
Mackie MR5 & 8mk2
Monster HD clarity One
FBT Jolly 8ba

KRK aren't here and I'd have to ship them here - so that's out of the question unfortunately.

I'm looking for something that has good low end / bass but still clarity and if I have a couple of friends around I can play some tracks for a long time at louder volumes and not worry about the speakers or monitors getting blown.

Any other suggestions are welcome as long as they within the same price as the above speakers.
Angel Jeppe
Wow I went to test the Mackie MR8mk2 they're awesome but just too big.... They'd take up majority of the space on the dj desk.
So I opted for 6' and got a sub to compensate for the bass

Super happy with this setup thanks for the advise
Dannie Dimora
forget the monsters.
really.
Donella Bentch
For good and deep real Bass you need 8" Woofers or better 5" Monitors and a Subwoofer
Alphonso Deitchman
Get some Hifi speakers if PA is too much. You'll get twice the volume at 1/2 the cost when compared to monitors.
Angel Jeppe
Thanks for the replies

Well I went to listen to the Monster speakers today and to be honest they're pretty loud but do miss a bit of low end base. They're cool cause they're smaller and more portable than the others.

I'll be testing out the Mackie's tomorrow, I've read that they are larger and have better low end bass... I just hope they're not too huge and won't fit on my table.

I mainly dj on the weekends as a hobby and rarely play for friends (I'm a beginner and still getting the hang of things) . It's only when we have a bbq that'll i'll put the music on and sometimes mix a few tracks.
I can't get the PA speakers as our neighbours would complain about the noise.
Angel Jeppe
These a guy who's selling a pair of KRK VXT4 STUDIO MONITORS for $435 but im not sure these will give me any bass and be loud enough.... I don't want to crank them then they blow
Angel Jeppe
Thanks for the replies...

I won't be getting into any production the djing is purely for a hobby and usually mess around on the weekends but i'd still like to get some decent speakers, so I can get my mixing better and also listen to the tracks on the weekends when a few friends pull in and we having a bbq.
Nothing too loud as my neighbours will start complaining.
Valene Guasp
The FBT Jolly 8BAs are active stage monitors and will give you the loudest sound out of all mentioned above, they however will be probs the worst for production if you ever believe about it as they will have slightly more colouration than the rest
Alphonso Deitchman
Studio monitors are not really suitable for groups of people. Get some Hifi speakers or smaller PA speakers - you'll probably save money this way too.
Dannie Dimora
Lol @monster.
The hs80s are a different league than both the mackies and the m-audios. But i find them more suitable for non-electronic genres, so i'd say for deep house, get the mr or the bx
Doreen Schurle
Passive hi-fi speakers, separate amp. There've been several threads about this recently

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy