Noobiest question from not so noob

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Noobiest question from not so noobReply
Noobiest question from not so noob
Posted on: 02.06.2013 by Georgie Lukowiak
So, this is going to be an easy question for a lot of you, not for me

Yes, I have been DJing for years now, but I've been doing it with a controller, so I never had use for knowing anything about tables, needles, or interfaces or anything.

I see a pretty good deal to snag a pair of stanton tables and a four channel USB mixer, and I want to do it, but I've never used a pair of tables, nor no how they'd integrate into my setup. I want to move away from the world of controllers and start playing on vinyl!

I use Traktor Scratch Pro 2 with my S2, so if I do get the tables with the mixer, what all do I need? The tables come with timecode vinyl (the native instruments vinyl) , but do I need a soundcard/interface like the audio 6 or something? How do I connect it to my laptop and traktor?

Like I said, I know it's a simple question for you, and even though I've been DJing for years, I never really paid attention to the vinyl side of things

Thanks for the help,
Swede Dreams
Georgie Lukowiak
So, this is going to be an easy question for a lot of you, not for me

Yes, I have been DJing for years now, but I've been doing it with a controller, so I never had use for knowing anything about tables, needles, or interfaces or anything.

I see a pretty good deal to snag a pair of stanton tables and a four channel USB mixer, and I want to do it, but I've never used a pair of tables, nor no how they'd integrate into my setup. I want to move away from the world of controllers and start playing on vinyl!

I use Traktor Scratch Pro 2 with my S2, so if I do get the tables with the mixer, what all do I need? The tables come with timecode vinyl (the native instruments vinyl) , but do I need a soundcard/interface like the audio 6 or something? How do I connect it to my laptop and traktor?

Like I said, I know it's a simple question for you, and even though I've been DJing for years, I never really paid attention to the vinyl side of things

Thanks for the help,
Swede Dreams
Gaynell Rydberg
Whoops yea. Here:

Alphonso Deitchman
If you're using a sound card the tables go into that 1st.
Gaynell Rydberg
You need a traktor scratch certified soundcard. If the mixer is certified then you won't need the Audio 6.

Tables connecto to the mixer which connecto to the sound card which connects to the laptop.
Yong Aptekar
Need an audio 6 sound card or equivalent. Something with 2 inputs to run your decks into

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy