Custom midi controller question

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Custom midi controller questionReply
Custom midi controller question
Posted on: 01.06.2013 by Devora Angiolillo
Hey all,

I have a 35 button keypad that I would love to turn into a midi controller. The only problem is it connects via ps/2. I found many help threads talking about converting ps2 controllers into midi controllers with a converter but couldn't seem to find any dealing with ps/2. Would something like this even be possible? My goal would be to get a ps/2 to usb converter and try get this thing working with Ableton. If this sort of thing is possible, my next question would be what kind of ps/2 converter to buy. A lot of the ones i'm finding seem to be made specifically for old keyboards and mice.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

keypad.jpg
Devora Angiolillo
Hey all,

I have a 35 button keypad that I would love to turn into a midi controller. The only problem is it connects via ps/2. I found many help threads talking about converting ps2 controllers into midi controllers with a converter but couldn't seem to find any dealing with ps/2. Would something like this even be possible? My goal would be to get a ps/2 to usb converter and try get this thing working with Ableton. If this sort of thing is possible, my next question would be what kind of ps/2 converter to buy. A lot of the ones i'm finding seem to be made specifically for old keyboards and mice.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

keypad.jpg
Janyce Henningson
Yes this is possible - you don't even need to buy any hardware - all you need is some HID > MIDI convertor software.
Take a look at this thread here:
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=2862

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy