Denon MC6000

Denon MC6000
Posted on: 31.05.2013 by Emelina Chillson
Anyone know if my innofader will fit in an mc6000?
Emelina Chillson
Originally Posted by robdquick
Well why didn't you say that in the first place!!

I have tried that with the MC6000, but I could never find the right thing to edit in the registry. The denon asio driver doesn't show up under the asio folder like the rest of the sound cards.
Right there meng.

Attachment 18047

I was gonna try it out on a DDJ SX last evening , but didnt get a chance. Gonna run to guitar center today and try it. If it works, imma have a new ddj sx by next week.
Emelina Chillson
Attachment 18045

Ive got a legit copy of Traktor.

Makar1 hit the nail on the head.

Do so AT YOUR OWN RISK! If you do not understand how to edit the registry, do not do so. always back up your registry before editing.

go to regedit, Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO\ Delete Audio 8 DJ. Select the audio card you wish to be your timecode hose and rename it Audio 8 DJ. Open that folder and create a new string value. Name it Description. Double click on Description and type in Audio 8 DJ.

Here's to hoping NI doesnt find a fix for this anytime in the near future.
Cassie Sangermano
Originally Posted by SlayForMoney
with a legal version of TSP 2.*?
I did have that thought.....
Isa Erik
Originally Posted by hellnegative
Yepp. Which if it has inputs which can be routed through ASIO it CAN be used for timecode control. as stated before, if I can do it with my mbox, im fairly certain i should be able to do it with an mc6000.
Alphonso Deitchman
You still need to own a Traktor Scratch license as well as the timecode vinyls/CDs. All of which are part of the Software+Timecode Kit.
Iraida Linihan
Let me understand this. Do the registry edit and get timecode? Does this work with TT's as well????? If so, I just need a timecode record?
Emelina Chillson
Originally Posted by robdquick

I have tried that with the MC6000, but I could never find the right thing to edit in the registry. The denon asio driver doesn't show up under the asio folder like the rest of the sound cards.
Right there meng.

Attachment 18047

I was gonna try it out on a DDJ SX last evening , but didnt get a chance. Gonna run to guitar center today and try it. If it works, imma have a new ddj sx by next week.
Cassie Sangermano

Emelina Chillson
Attachment 18045

Ive got a legit copy of Traktor.

Makar1 hit the nail on the head.

Do so AT YOUR OWN RISK! If you do not understand how to edit the registry, do not do so. always back up your registry before editing.

go to regedit, Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO\ Delete Audio 8 DJ. Select the audio card you wish to be your timecode hose and rename it Audio 8 DJ. Open that folder and create a new string value. Name it Description. Double click on Description and type in Audio 8 DJ.

Here's to hoping NI doesnt find a fix for this anytime in the near future.
Alphonso Deitchman
The only way to get a non-certified card to work on a legal Traktor version is to use the registry trick on Windows.
Emelina Chillson
I routed the cdj to the input, set it as my soundcard in traktor, selected external mixing mode and routed the inputs and outputs. Worked like a dream. Same way you do when you use older mixers with built in soundcards.
Cassie Sangermano
Then how can your mbox possibly be recognised as a scratch soundcard?? it's not on NI's list of certified devices... Unless there's some other sort of evil witchcraft going on here???
Emelina Chillson
Yes it is a legal version of 2.6.1 lol
Cassie Sangermano
Originally Posted by SlayForMoney
I did have that thought.....
Isa Erik
Originally Posted by hellnegative
Yepp. Which if it has inputs which can be routed through ASIO it CAN be used for timecode control. as stated before, if I can do it with my mbox, im fairly certain i should be able to do it with an mc6000.
Cassie Sangermano
Ok, I have never been able to get it to work with my MC6000.... Traktor does not recognise it as a scratch compatible soundcard, so you can't enable timecode control. Which version of Traktor are you using, and what settings are you using with the mbox??
Emelina Chillson
Cassie Sangermano
But you said you were using it for timecode control??? I'm confused.....
Emelina Chillson
It doesnt have to be a scratch certified sound card to route the inputs into traktor.
Cassie Sangermano
You can use the MC6000 soundcard for DVS use on anything but serato/traktor. Unfortunately you have to sacrifice 2 channels (1 and 4) to do this, but it's possible.

Have a look here for explanation: http://www.denondjcommunity s.com/community s/...p?f=55&t=19582

This is for Virtual DJ, but It also works with mixxx, and should work with deckadance as well.

I never did get around to making a video showing it working, but hit me up if you need any help.

Edit: How did you get your Maudio box to be recognised by traktor as scratch certified???
Emelina Chillson
What if I want DVS functionality with deckadance. My only question is if the built in soundcard allows you to utilize the inputs through asio which could be routed to the inputs within traktor and/or deckadance.

For example, my maudio mbox is not traktor scratch certified but by plugging my cdj into the input and routing the input to deck b on traktor i can use it for timecode control.
Verlene Geevarghese
If you want DVS functionality within Traktor, you need an A10/A6. The Denon soundcard is not scratch certified. If it is 8in/8out, there are plenty of situational permutations available to you for the unit, but scratch functionality is not one of them. Bottom line, you will never have scratch functionality without an A10/A6 plugged into the back.
Emelina Chillson
If the inputs on the rear are conntected top the built in soundcard you should be able to route them in traktor via ASIO drivers.
Verlene Geevarghese
Any i/o you see on the back of a controller is connected to the audio interface. There is only one controller that you can use for DVS with Traktor, and not surprisingly it belongs to Native Instruments. There are definitely mixers with compatible interfaces for Traktor out there though, including a Xone:4D which I guess you could include in the 'controller' discussion.
Emelina Chillson
I would go with an s4 but I dont like that channels a and b lack audio inputs.
Emelina Chillson
Id cut the bottom or build on to the top. So the inputs are not connected to the audio interface of the mc6000? Is there a controller which has 4 channel mixer with phono inputs which can be used as a dvs soundcard?
Doreen Schurle
According to the Denon community s, an innofader is too deep for the MC6000 unfortunately.

A MINI Innofader might fit, but you'll need to crack the unit open and do some measurements.
Isa Erik
for traktor dvs you need traktor soundcard & mc6000 set up as a any other external analog mixer.
Emelina Chillson
Also, are its inputs integrated with the soundcard so i can use it for dvs with traktor.
Cassie Sangermano
No idea, but if you find out let us know, as I would possibly be interested in doing this at some point!!!

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy