Only (or mostly) fadders controller?

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Only (or mostly) fadders controller?Reply
Only (or mostly) fadders controller?
Posted on: 06.07.2013 by Assunta Doern
Im looking for the smallest controller with only (or mostly) fader for use with Ableton Live. I already have a UC33, but im looking for something with more faders.

Only thing that came to my mind is the old Niche Automation Station

p4125.jpg

But i dont really know, how is this going to work with Live?

Any suggestions will by much appreciated.
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by OO-OO
I believe im going with this. This is going to work with a midi/usb cable with ableton right?
So the manual says and includes all the midi output values, midi learn should work no prob.

I've always wanted to try this but never got around to it and have only seen one video online with it being used for midi ages ago so you'll be breaking pretty new ground and you gotta post some vids!

Really be interested if you can automate chases as a kind of step sequencer

I used to use midi from a lighting desk to control Visual software alright so guess it should work just fine.
Assunta Doern
Originally Posted by deevey
BCF's are great but bloody huge however the Motorized faders are great...however not everyone wants to use takeover (especially live when having all channels available without switching pages is much handier).

NanoKontrols are really bloody brilliant for the price and really tiny - you might consider racking a few together in a slim case - for 100 bucks you'd have 24 faders 24 rotaries and a heap of buttons.

Somthing else you might check out are ...... Lighting desks like the Behringer LC2412, Showtec Showmaster (and others) - lots of faders, decent amount of buttons as well (show master has a nice grid layout)

One of the interesting things about lighting desks is that you could (in theory) automate midi sequences to live.
I believe im going with this. This is going to work with a midi/usb cable with ableton right?
Kristofer Krauel
bcf2000_big__75526_zoom.jpg
Assunta Doern
Im looking for the smallest controller with only (or mostly) fader for use with Ableton Live. I already have a UC33, but im looking for something with more faders.

Only thing that came to my mind is the old Niche Automation Station

p4125.jpg

But i dont really know, how is this going to work with Live?

Any suggestions will by much appreciated.
Ervin Calvery
BCF2000 is great - I love mine.
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by OO-OO
So the manual says and includes all the midi output values, midi learn should work no prob.

I've always wanted to try this but never got around to it and have only seen one video online with it being used for midi ages ago so you'll be breaking pretty new ground and you gotta post some vids!

Really be interested if you can automate chases as a kind of step sequencer

I used to use midi from a lighting desk to control Visual software alright so guess it should work just fine.
Assunta Doern
Originally Posted by deevey
BCF's are great but bloody huge however the Motorized faders are great...however not everyone wants to use takeover (especially live when having all channels available without switching pages is much handier).

NanoKontrols are really bloody brilliant for the price and really tiny - you might consider racking a few together in a slim case - for 100 bucks you'd have 24 faders 24 rotaries and a heap of buttons.

Somthing else you might check out are ...... Lighting desks like the Behringer LC2412, Showtec Showmaster (and others) - lots of faders, decent amount of buttons as well (show master has a nice grid layout)

One of the interesting things about lighting desks is that you could (in theory) automate midi sequences to live.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
if you want motorised and compact the icon icontrol pro is decent, although It only has 9 faders...

Rolanda Clodfelder

Kristofer Krauel
bcf2000_big__75526_zoom.jpg
Kristofer Krauel
Or see if you can find a second hand Behringer BCF2000.
Kellie Myrum
Check out Nanokontrol.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy