Vestax VCI 300 cross fader issues and customisation

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Vestax VCI 300 cross fader issues and customisationReply
Vestax VCI 300 cross fader issues and customisation
Posted on: 12.07.2013 by Keneth Rioux
Hello.....

After 3 years of trouble free playing, the crossfader started to crackle out - during a gig too!

I opened up the housing and pulled out the crossfader and cleaned as best I could - didn't make much difference.

Here's what is happening:

- The left channel will stay at full volume at times no matter what the position of the CF is
- The right channel cuts in and out at any position of the CF, but especially at either far end.
- Moving the CF, the right channel only crackles and cuts out

I am hoping that this is just the CF and have already odered a replacement. Could this be any other issue - it seems the CF curve is not working at times too.

On the other hand, I still love this controller and want to make some mods. Does anyone know where I can get bright knobs for the trim etc? And all the skins I see for sale for the VCI Mk2 - will they fit the VCI 300 that I have? I would like to get a light coloured surface and some brighter knobs - just so I can see the damn things at those parties where things get deeeeep and dark!

If anyone has any tips, advice or input on my Cross Fader issue and where and what to pimp out my VCI 300, please let me know. I'm not getting rid of it!
Keneth Rioux
Hello.....

After 3 years of trouble free playing, the crossfader started to crackle out - during a gig too!

I opened up the housing and pulled out the crossfader and cleaned as best I could - didn't make much difference.

Here's what is happening:

- The left channel will stay at full volume at times no matter what the position of the CF is
- The right channel cuts in and out at any position of the CF, but especially at either far end.
- Moving the CF, the right channel only crackles and cuts out

I am hoping that this is just the CF and have already odered a replacement. Could this be any other issue - it seems the CF curve is not working at times too.

On the other hand, I still love this controller and want to make some mods. Does anyone know where I can get bright knobs for the trim etc? And all the skins I see for sale for the VCI Mk2 - will they fit the VCI 300 that I have? I would like to get a light coloured surface and some brighter knobs - just so I can see the damn things at those parties where things get deeeeep and dark!

If anyone has any tips, advice or input on my Cross Fader issue and where and what to pimp out my VCI 300, please let me know. I'm not getting rid of it!

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy