Traktor S4 power socket

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Traktor S4 power socketReply
Traktor S4 power socket
Posted on: 10.07.2013 by Valrie Losser
Hi everyone, I'm new to this community so apologies in advance for diving straight in with a question.......

My Traktor Control S4 has developed a little problem. The socket at the rear of the unit where the power adapter plugs in has failed. The hole for the socket is still there but the pin inside has either broke off or pushed inside the machine.....! Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can the rear panel alone be removed to gain access inside or does it have to be accessed by removing the whole lower panel as fully described in ' IKU's ' post back on 01/01/2013.
Adela Monheit
Hello, my S2 has experienced a problem with the power socket. The small pin that sits inside has come out. I can place it back in the hole however it still sits loosely and still falls out. Any idea on how i can fix this? The adapter still feeds power to the controller, I can use it just fine.
Valrie Losser
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=70915

It's for an S2, but it's pretty much the same.

Do you know how to solder? If not, then don't attempt the repair on your own.
Usefull link, thanks.......ive some experience soldering. Just planning on opening it up 1st to see whats required.
Valrie Losser
Have to remove the bottom. Only way to open up the S4.
I thought that would be the case, but was secretly hoping it wasnt.
thanks for your reply.......
Valrie Losser
Hi everyone, I'm new to this community so apologies in advance for diving straight in with a question.......

My Traktor Control S4 has developed a little problem. The socket at the rear of the unit where the power adapter plugs in has failed. The hole for the socket is still there but the pin inside has either broke off or pushed inside the machine.....! Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can the rear panel alone be removed to gain access inside or does it have to be accessed by removing the whole lower panel as fully described in ' IKU's ' post back on 01/01/2013.
Gaynell Rydberg
If you open it up you are voiding your warranty if you have any. If you don't, open it up!

You'll see the USB pins right away.
Valrie Losser

Usefull link, thanks.......ive some experience soldering. Just planning on opening it up 1st to see whats required.
Gaynell Rydberg

Valrie Losser
Will removing the bottom cover give me access to the power socket as I don't fancy having to remove the PCB's. Do any of the knobs, sliders, switches etc... need to be removed from top in order to remove the bottom cover?

Sorry for the questions but I'd prefer some knowledge & answers from those who have actually done this procedure & have the experience to advise me accordingly......
Valrie Losser
I thought that would be the case, but was secretly hoping it wasnt.
thanks for your reply.......
Gaynell Rydberg

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy