DDJ-SX vs Numark NS7 II

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: DDJ-SX vs Numark NS7 IIReply
DDJ-SX vs Numark NS7 II
Posted on: 15.07.2013 by Yesenia Hockert
Intro: I got into the industry 5 years ago, I own an hc4500 and djm-3000 mixer. Now I'm looking to upgrade to a midi controller with 4 channels interface to the computer. Back then Numark seemed like the brand to avoid. So I sticked to Denon and Pioneer

Question:
DDJ-SX vs Numark NS7 II ?

I don't mind the price differences. Sure spinning plates looks attractive, but I don't care about that feature.
My main concern is sound quality, performance and the ability to play 4 channels from a computer.

Which one would you recommend? Is Numark any good now?
Yesenia Hockert
Originally Posted by dj gullum
∆ +1 it weights a ton more the DDJ SX just because of the motors do only get it if you will have it in one place or you'r lifting weight it's heavy as shit. Although I realy like that there are dedicated cue point buttons for 1-5 cues so you can use the pads while you cue jump
Setting aside the weight concern,
Are there any other advantages to the NS7-II over the DDJ-SX?

If i'm not mistaken... There are 8 cue points on the DDJ SX.
Yesenia Hockert
∆ +1 it weights a ton more the DDJ SX just because of the motors do only get it if you will have it in one place or you'r lifting weight it's heavy as shit. Although I realy like that there are dedicated cue point buttons for 1-5 cues so you can use the pads while you cue jump
Setting aside weight, (and setting aside the spinning wheel)

What are the advantages of either as oppose to the other?
They seem pretty identical, and Pioneer seems far more trustworthy as far as product quality
Yesenia Hockert
What if the two were the same weight? Would you still recommend DDJ SX? Are there any advantages to the NS7-II?

btw, I believe DDJ SX also has the 1-5 cues
Yesenia Hockert
Intro: I got into the industry 5 years ago, I own an hc4500 and djm-3000 mixer. Now I'm looking to upgrade to a midi controller with 4 channels interface to the computer. Back then Numark seemed like the brand to avoid. So I sticked to Denon and Pioneer

Question:
DDJ-SX vs Numark NS7 II ?

I don't mind the price differences. Sure spinning plates looks attractive, but I don't care about that feature.
My main concern is sound quality, performance and the ability to play 4 channels from a computer.

Which one would you recommend? Is Numark any good now?
Misti Yergeau
I also didn't care about motorized platters so I went with the DDJ-SX because it's a bit smaller and not nearly as heavy. I'm happy with my decision.
Ashanti Andreacchio
Well there are some things about the NS7-II that might be considered as advantages.
5 dedicated hot cue buttons
5 banks of pads (the 3th bank names Manual is probable for looping as there are no section for manual looping witch means you can't set loops if your triggering samples from the pads)
RGB pads (really nice to get visual feedback to know what bank your in)
led indicators over the touch strip to show position of song
The NS also has touch sensitive tops on knobs.(This I'm kind of afraid of, if they are mapped to other things like bass kill will they be easy to trigger by mistake"but I don't know how they work")

Although I still wouldn't trade my DDJ SX for the NS7MKII
The DDJ SX is smaler (not to smal and not to big) it's layout is much better. All of it's buttons seam to be just the right size no smal round tiny buttons to search for in a dark booth. The SX feels very much the same to play on as a set of 2 CDJ 900 or 2000 + a DJM
Dedra Kreinbring
What Gullum means 'I believe' us that there are 5 cue point buttons seperate from the 8 main pads, so you can use cue points whilst also mashing effects or whatever with the pads
Yesenia Hockert
Setting aside the weight concern,
Are there any other advantages to the NS7-II over the DDJ-SX?

If i'm not mistaken... There are 8 cue points on the DDJ SX.
Kristopher Ardito
The SX is the way to go! Got it about 3 months ago, coming from the S1, and there was a 2 week learning curve with the hardware and software but so much fun. I can go from the SX to CDJ's and be fine, assuming the venue has a Rane Mixer or an SL box. The controller is much more versatile that the S1, and you can configure the setup to make it seem like 2 CDJ's. Go with the SX.
Yesenia Hockert
Setting aside weight, (and setting aside the spinning wheel)

What are the advantages of either as oppose to the other?
They seem pretty identical, and Pioneer seems far more trustworthy as far as product quality
Yesenia Hockert
What if the two were the same weight? Would you still recommend DDJ SX? Are there any advantages to the NS7-II?

btw, I believe DDJ SX also has the 1-5 cues
Ashanti Andreacchio
Alphonso Deitchman
Don't get an NS7 if you don't care about spinning platters.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy