New sennheiser HD25 Aluminium version for the 25th anniversary

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: New sennheiser HD25 Aluminium version for the 25th anniversaryReply
New sennheiser HD25 Aluminium version for the 25th anniversary
Posted on: 19.06.2013 by Kendall Meddock
I have recently been having a play with the new HD25 Aluminium and as it has only been released in europe so far some of you may not have come across it yet.

square_louped_HD_25_Aluminium-sq-02-sennheiser.jpghd25_alu-main2.jpgsquare_louped_HD_25_Aluminium-sq-01-sennheiser.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/customcans/...97605490310976

It is a new revised version of the classic sennheiser HD25 - arguably one of the best DJ Headphones on the market.
In 2012 sennheiser released the Amperior which was an upmarket version of the HD25 with 18ohm drivers to work with ipods. They were great as they had new solid aluminium earcups which gave the enclosure more rigidity but because of the 18ohm drivers they were not great for pro use as most mixers and high end gear likes more impedance.
Now sennheiser Have released the HD25 Aluminium which has the best of both - they have the new aluminium earcups but also have the full fat 70ohm drivers the standard HD25 have.
It is not just looks either... The new ones weigh 20g more because of the earcups and the extra mass behind the driver helps the headphones produce more detail and texture in the bass and sub bass frequencies making them even better for production use and giving them a warmer richer sound. They have also added a little extra damping to them on the inside of the up. One other thing which is nice is that you get a nice zip up case with them as the standard HD25 and HD25-1 just come with a drawstring bag.
Kendall Meddock
Originally Posted by DJ Asand
Hey! I came across your video earlier today and have a couple questions.

Are there any headphones within the same price range, with the same/better sound quality, that are more comfortable?
I'm trying to decide if I should just mod my HD-25 IIs or just buy something else.

I'm using these for production work in slightly noisy environments.
It may be worth taking a look at the DT770M or the Beyerdynamic custom one pro (COP). Both are over ear rather than on ear - the DT770 are often used in studios and for production and the DT770m version is designed for drummers and has better isolation due to the synthetic leather pads and the COP is aimed more at DJs and has variable bass ports to you can alter the way they sound to suit your preference.

But the best thing to do would be to get down to your local DJ store and try as many as you can for yourself

J
Kendall Meddock
Originally Posted by Dustin V
These with a 24K gold headband would be awesome IMO. Although from your vid it seems that you really favor the Beyerdynamics?

I'm a huge fan of Sennheiser so these will for sure be my next ones. And just to let you know I'm still loving the last pair I got from you!
Glad your headphones are still going strong

Yes I do like the Beyer ones and use them a lot for DJing but these new aluminiums are tempting me back to the HD25s. I am trying to find someone locally who does anodising as I recon anodising the earcups different colours would look cool as well
Kendall Meddock
I have recently been having a play with the new HD25 Aluminium and as it has only been released in europe so far some of you may not have come across it yet.

square_louped_HD_25_Aluminium-sq-02-sennheiser.jpghd25_alu-main2.jpgsquare_louped_HD_25_Aluminium-sq-01-sennheiser.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/customcans/...97605490310976

It is a new revised version of the classic sennheiser HD25 - arguably one of the best DJ Headphones on the market.
In 2012 sennheiser released the Amperior which was an upmarket version of the HD25 with 18ohm drivers to work with ipods. They were great as they had new solid aluminium earcups which gave the enclosure more rigidity but because of the 18ohm drivers they were not great for pro use as most mixers and high end gear likes more impedance.
Now sennheiser Have released the HD25 Aluminium which has the best of both - they have the new aluminium earcups but also have the full fat 70ohm drivers the standard HD25 have.
It is not just looks either... The new ones weigh 20g more because of the earcups and the extra mass behind the driver helps the headphones produce more detail and texture in the bass and sub bass frequencies making them even better for production use and giving them a warmer richer sound. They have also added a little extra damping to them on the inside of the up. One other thing which is nice is that you get a nice zip up case with them as the standard HD25 and HD25-1 just come with a drawstring bag.
Augustine Mitzen
Kendall Meddock
Here is a pointless video of me pulling the HD25 Aluminium apart whilst hanging upside down
Kendall Meddock
Originally Posted by DJ Asand

Are there any headphones within the same price range, with the same/better sound quality, that are more comfortable?
I'm trying to decide if I should just mod my HD-25 IIs or just buy something else.

It may be worth taking a look at the DT770M or the Beyerdynamic custom one pro (COP). Both are over ear rather than on ear - the DT770 are often used in studios and for production and the DT770m version is designed for drummers and has better isolation due to the synthetic leather pads and the COP is aimed more at DJs and has variable bass ports to you can alter the way they sound to suit your preference.

But the best thing to do would be to get down to your local DJ store and try as many as you can for yourself

J
Candy Vardy
^^^

You could take a look at the Beyer DT 1350. I've heard great comments on them.
Ralph Alderette

I currently own HD-25 II's, but I find them to be silibant and treble harsh at times.. but I could replace the cable for a copper one. My main issue with them is that I have comfort issues with them pressing down on my ear cartilage.

I appreciate any help!
Kendall Meddock
Originally Posted by Dustin V
These with a 24K gold headband would be awesome IMO. Although from your vid it seems that you really favor the Beyerdynamics?

I'm a huge fan of Sennheiser so these will for sure be my next ones. And just to let you know I'm still loving the last pair I got from you!
Glad your headphones are still going strong

Yes I do like the Beyer ones and use them a lot for DJing but these new aluminiums are tempting me back to the HD25s. I am trying to find someone locally who does anodising as I recon anodising the earcups different colours would look cool as well
Candy Vardy
Very nice indeed Jason! I watched your vid the other day! These are definitely on my list of next cans! These with a 24K gold headband would be awesome IMO. Although from your vid it seems that you really favor the Beyerdynamics?

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy