Digital Warrior ( DIY mini Maschine/ Push )

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Digital Warrior ( DIY mini Maschine/ Push )Reply
Digital Warrior ( DIY mini Maschine/ Push )
Posted on: 30.06.2013 by Brendan Andrascik

Yet another MIDI controller project I'be built based on the Teensy development board, inspired by Ableton Push and NI Maschine. The concept behind this device is that it's going to be used as a 3rd deck instrument ( sample launcher, drum pad, step sequencer ) in Ableton Live synced with my Traktor setup for some live, Reachie Hawtin style percussions on top of a DJ set. And now with Traktors unlocked remix decks it can be used there as well.

Technology wise, there is an 4x4 white LED button pad connected through I2C, multiplexed on a MCP23008, which feels great for finger drumming. Two push rotary encoders with LED's and four analog potentiometers and a shift button, when pressed down you can switched between 8 banks and 4 channels, plus some more settings. This gives us 128 unique mappable elements just on the button pad itself. The rotary encoders can also banked and when engaged, their value is displayed as a graph on the button pad. Every element can send a secondary CC or Note message for more mapping possibilities. The over all build is very light and small, I was also lucky to find silver cast acrylic which looks great.

Here are some build photos

Track: https://soundcloud.com/voidpointexception/tomash-ghz-stardust

Blog: http://tomashg.com/?p=931
Nana Mohs
Originally Posted by ghztomash
Hey guys! Thanks for the interest and kind words. Give me some time to get some matters out of the way and I will start by releasing the source code and schematics
Can't even wait!
Nedra Fresneda
Good question, if you are interested drop me an email, if I find enough people I might make a batch with proper PCBs and everything. Or maybe a DIY kit with a PCB to solder everything on top, you just order the basic parts, this will cut down the costs of shipping and import/export taxes.
kickstarter?
Brendan Andrascik

Yet another MIDI controller project I'be built based on the Teensy development board, inspired by Ableton Push and NI Maschine. The concept behind this device is that it's going to be used as a 3rd deck instrument ( sample launcher, drum pad, step sequencer ) in Ableton Live synced with my Traktor setup for some live, Reachie Hawtin style percussions on top of a DJ set. And now with Traktors unlocked remix decks it can be used there as well.

Technology wise, there is an 4x4 white LED button pad connected through I2C, multiplexed on a MCP23008, which feels great for finger drumming. Two push rotary encoders with LED's and four analog potentiometers and a shift button, when pressed down you can switched between 8 banks and 4 channels, plus some more settings. This gives us 128 unique mappable elements just on the button pad itself. The rotary encoders can also banked and when engaged, their value is displayed as a graph on the button pad. Every element can send a secondary CC or Note message for more mapping possibilities. The over all build is very light and small, I was also lucky to find silver cast acrylic which looks great.

Here are some build photos

Track: https://soundcloud.com/voidpointexception/tomash-ghz-stardust

Blog: http://tomashg.com/?p=931
Brendan Andrascik
for now any one interested pre built units just fill in this. It will help me keep track of it

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uBG...VBsGY/viewform
Robert Danno
Great work - thanks for sharing!
Nana Mohs
Hey guys! Thanks for the interest and kind words. Give me some time to get some matters out of the way and I will start by releasing the source code and schematics
Can't even wait!
Brendan Andrascik
Lynetta Stanislav
Me as well
Nana Mohs
Sign me up
Lynetta Stanislav
thats a cool controller I would buy one for the step sequencer remix thread you posted up. Great work
Ervin Calvery
Nice drumming!
Judi Sissel
Awesome performance and project.
Cammy Clegg
Yeah dude kick starter it you definately could find people for it. Especially as an alternative to Machine
Nedra Fresneda
Good question, if you are interested drop me an email, if I find enough people I might make a batch with proper PCBs and everything. Or maybe a DIY kit with a PCB to solder everything on top, you just order the basic parts, this will cut down the costs of shipping and import/export taxes.
kickstarter?
Gaynell Rydberg
Are the knobs changing clips or something? Really neat!
Brendan Andrascik
Kellie Myrum
Nice one! Love it...
Emelina Chillson
How much?

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy