apc40 fader problem

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: apc40 fader problemReply
apc40 fader problem
Posted on: 17.07.2013 by Emmitt Belback
so i was playing a little gig the other evening and one of the faders on my apc 40 started to move on its own within ableton. fader 3 is mapped to the volume on channel 3 so when i moved it up or down it would follow but then when i stopped moving it it would jump around on its own for a little.

i had this issue when i first bought my apc 40, something was wrong with the power cable and it would do that so when i bought a new one it stopped. could it be the power cable is failing again or is the fader starting to break?
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by littlemimus
so i was playing a little gig the other evening and one of the faders on my apc 40 started to move on its own within ableton. fader 3 is mapped to the volume on channel 3 so when i moved it up or down it would follow but then when i stopped moving it it would jump around on its own for a little.

i had this issue when i first bought my apc 40, something was wrong with the power cable and it would do that so when i bought a new one it stopped. could it be the power cable is failing again or is the fader starting to break?
If its just the one fader is very unlikely to be a PSU issue

Probably a build up of carbon or dirt on the fader ... buy a tin of this and if it doesn't work you'll most likely need to replace the fader entirely.

You only need a TINY squirt, just enough to finely coat the track - you have no idea the amount of DJ faders I've seen been permanently put out of action by spraying half a can into them.

Emmitt Belback

Rolanda Clodfelder
Good Job
Lilliana Perris
Awesome!
Emmitt Belback
just a little update i sprayed some of that in there and it started workin again! thanks guys
Lilliana Perris
Yeah, I can agree with the above.

I had a similar issue with my faders due to not using them.

When I did, I had a similar issue.

I used a can of compressed air and cleaned mine.
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by littlemimus

If its just the one fader is very unlikely to be a PSU issue

Probably a build up of carbon or dirt on the fader ... buy a tin of this and if it doesn't work you'll most likely need to replace the fader entirely.

You only need a TINY squirt, just enough to finely coat the track - you have no idea the amount of DJ faders I've seen been permanently put out of action by spraying half a can into them.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy