Pioneer djm 900 v.s Traktor Z2

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Pioneer djm 900 v.s Traktor Z2Reply
Pioneer djm 900 v.s Traktor Z2
Posted on: 17.07.2013 by Mitchel Eikenbary
hi
i want to know which one of theese is better, the Pioneer DJM 900 or Traktor Z2 can anyone that has used both tell me which one is better and why.
thanks
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by botstein
I believe that's fair, but the Z2 comes with Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and control vinyl of course, which is a not-so-small added value.
You can add these to the DJM for $119 rather than buying a full price package.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Kd1011
Exactly this.

The 900 is undoubtedly superior to the Z2, but that doesn't mean the Z2 is a bad mixer, it's in a completely different price range...
I believe that's fair, but the Z2 comes with Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and control vinyl of course, which is a not-so-small added value.
Kathyrn Sandbeck
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
Not only that.. it's not really fair to compared a 1k+ mixer to a 500 dollar mixer.
Exactly this.

The 900 is undoubtedly superior to the Z2, but that doesn't mean the Z2 is a bad mixer, it's in a completely different price range...
Adrian Zadrozny
Originally Posted by DJblackjack
hi
i want to know which one of theese is better, the Pioneer DJM 900 or Traktor Z2 can anyone that has used both tell me which one is better and why.
thanks
Depends on what you are trying to do. Are you a scratch DJ? If so the 900 may not be what you're looking for. I've owned the DJM-850, Traktor Z2, and now am a happy owner of a DJM-900.

The Z2 is cool don't get wrong. The faders feel good, but the knobs and certain functions on the mixer itself feel 'cheap'.
Mitchel Eikenbary
hi
thanks
Kathyrn Sandbeck
Before people start insisting that the DJM900 is also made of plastic, it isn't.

The faceplate is painted metal with some sort of metallic flake, and the entire chassis is metal, with plastic cover panels on the sides and front. (That's where I believe people get the idea it's made of plastic like a controller)

I'd say both are of high quality, but NI tends to use plastic pots underneath knobs, and there is the common issue of markings rubbing off on the Z2. (I believe NI is working on it)

A fair comparison would be with a "Z4" if NI ever make one...
Sebrina Pechette
the Z2 has a plastic feeling that to me, at least, is unacceptable. The glossy plate tends to get scratched and look like shit with little effort. Anyways, as people have said, it depends on your budget, if you need a 4channel mixer and how you dj. The Z2 is a great product for traktor users but in that sense, the DJM900 might be more versatile. Both are very good products though, there is no comparison by your terms.
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by botstein
You can add these to the DJM for $119 rather than buying a full price package.
Lorrine Devilbiss
Definitely depends on what you plan on doing it with it. But if you ever plan on playing at a club, get the djm 900. It will benefit you more in the long run.

Z2 gets the job done at a much better price, but djms are industry standard. If you own one and you walk into a place that uses a djm, then you will feel more comfortable/confident.

Plus the 900 will hold a very strong resale price
Dedra Kreinbring
Value for money I believe the Z2 wins out, but you need to see if you need 4 real channels, and also if you did save the money, what would you want to spend it on?

All opportunity cost. Are the benefits of the 900 worth the extra cash?
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by Kd1011
Exactly this.

Kathyrn Sandbeck
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
Not only that.. it's not really fair to compared a 1k+ mixer to a 500 dollar mixer.
Exactly this.

Gaynell Rydberg
Adrian Zadrozny
Originally Posted by DJblackjack
hi
thanks
Depends on what you are trying to do. Are you a scratch DJ? If so the 900 may not be what you're looking for. I've owned the DJM-850, Traktor Z2, and now am a happy owner of a DJM-900.

The Z2 is cool don't get wrong. The faders feel good, but the knobs and certain functions on the mixer itself feel 'cheap'.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy