difference between the sound of a 1,2 or 3-balanced armature drivers ?

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: difference between the sound of a 1,2 or 3-balanced armature drivers ?Reply
difference between the sound of a 1,2 or 3-balanced armature drivers ?
Posted on: 05.07.2013 by Keva Pavlo
Hi,
I would like to know what is the difference between the sound of a 1,2 or 3-balanced armature drivers.
i.e. the Westone UM2X, UM3X,...
Can anyone talk about his experience with one of these products ?

thank you !
Octavia Manansala
Originally Posted by Polygon
1 balanced armature usually use bigger membranes, therefore resulting in more impact.
2 balanced armatures are good for drums, but the midrange usually lacks at the xover point
3 and forth are amazing. Especially customs.
I particularly love 3+1 (armature+dynamic) headphones, that provide extreme balance in the mid to high tones and heavy impact in the bass.

I suggest if going for armature stuff, to go custom. I really dislike universal armature phones..
Well said. My experience with iems bears out Polygon's points. Short of full shell customs I would stress the importance of finding a tip that works for your ears. Something like the Monster Gel and Foam SuperTip Sampler Starter Kit makes a dramatic difference with even low end iems.

Happy hunting!
Keva Pavlo
Hi,
I would like to know what is the difference between the sound of a 1,2 or 3-balanced armature drivers.
i.e. the Westone UM2X, UM3X,...
Can anyone talk about his experience with one of these products ?

thank you !
Octavia Manansala
Originally Posted by Polygon
1 balanced armature usually use bigger membranes, therefore resulting in more impact.
2 balanced armatures are good for drums, but the midrange usually lacks at the xover point
I particularly love 3+1 (armature+dynamic) headphones, that provide extreme balance in the mid to high tones and heavy impact in the bass.

I suggest if going for armature stuff, to go custom. I really dislike universal armature phones..
Well said. My experience with iems bears out Polygon's points. Short of full shell customs I would stress the importance of finding a tip that works for your ears. Something like the Monster Gel and Foam SuperTip Sampler Starter Kit makes a dramatic difference with even low end iems.

Happy hunting!
Dannie Dimora

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy