Kontrol S4 touch strip

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Kontrol S4 touch stripReply
Kontrol S4 touch strip
Posted on: 06.08.2013 by Glinda Stagner
Looking at the new x1 mk2 ... The power of touchstrips just makes me so jealous. However, i want the capability of that directly in my s4, not in another controller.

Anyone out there have any idea how i would be able to do this and mod my s4? been looking at these, but have no idea how i would go about mapping it to do the same job as the touch strip in the x1... or if this is even possible?

Any input would be really appreciated
Glinda Stagner
Looking at the new x1 mk2 ... The power of touchstrips just makes me so jealous. However, i want the capability of that directly in my s4, not in another controller.

Anyone out there have any idea how i would be able to do this and mod my s4? been looking at these, but have no idea how i would go about mapping it to do the same job as the touch strip in the x1... or if this is even possible?

Any input would be really appreciated
Logan Lassey
I hope touchstrips are on the menu for any upcoming new Behringer controllers...
Diogo Dj Dragão
I have 4 of the Vmeters. They're fantastic. You map them just like any other MIDI device. I like using them for effects control. Use the configuration app to enable the "pressure" setting - it's a lot of fun to play with.
Glinda Stagner
OKay awesome cheers! will do! .... Any idea how i would go about mapping them? or where i could find that information?
Charline Dye
I believe SmiTTTen did an article on these in the DJTT blog awhile back, or maybe be was supposed to, I can't remember. Maybe shoot him a message.
Mapping them should be fairly easy, as long as NI didn't pull any HID only functions(ala remix decks).
Julius Milosavljevic
Why would you prefer a touchstrip over a physical knob or jogwheel?

I cant see how a touchstrip is superior to either of these things for fine adjustment.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy