Z1 + X1 mk2 + F1 = ultimate setup?

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Z1 + X1 mk2 + F1 = ultimate setup?Reply
Z1 + X1 mk2 + F1 = ultimate setup?
Posted on: 22.07.2013 by Robert Danno
Considering selling off my controller and some speakers that I don't use much anymore and doing a full on gear upgrade. Any thoughts on having a Z1, X1, and F1 all together.. something like the ultimate lego blocks of DJ gear.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Stewe
That's a lot of filter in your sets then. You can map a macro knob and assign some EQ adjustments in relative mode to kinda spice up that filter and especially if your Ladder type, it's that 0.55 <> 0.6 range where resonance start to kick in.

Trick is to add more EQ to the filters and get new dimension of sound. I have one relative modifier that does this but also add some noice (T3 reverb, lofi, filter, peak) from the center detent to the right. By using same modifier I could map same or any other combo to the LP really. It's controllerist technique but quite DJ handy feature. Next step would be mapping this to touch sensitive rotary pots and firmware superfaders to get endless creativity.
Not a bad idea actually dude... I may have to add in some of that EQing, although I find that the Z filter profile does a good job for letting you mix smoothly.
Doreen Schurle
It really depends on your workflow, style and mapping you're using.
This.

Tbh, I could get away with using the F1 as a mixer (just did a mapping for that actually) because all I really need for each channel is a monitor button, a volume fader and a filter knob.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by LoopCat
Having all that deck control and a tiny two channel mixer doesn't make sense to me.
I knew it'd be good when I first saw it, but when I actually USED it... jesus.

I couldn't imagine a better setup tbh. Unless they made a 4 channel version of the Z1; but I'd be happy with two of them.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by pgtampa
Considering selling off my controller and some speakers that I don't use much anymore and doing a full on gear upgrade. Any thoughts on having a Z1, X1, and F1 all together.. something like the ultimate lego blocks of DJ gear.
Yep. </thread>
Robert Danno
Keturah Wasco
I don't believe you need X1 if you are getting Z1 and F1.
Z1 has most of features that X1 has,
also F1 can be converted to X1 mode anytime while djing. (Shift + Browse)

Don't forget the Tekken's Effect Macro for F1
Taunya Guman
Along the lines of this could I use a Z1, an X1 and like one or two launchpads and route the abelton through traktor for effects and other things? Would it work, or should I just get a controller like an s2 or s4. The reasoning would use the z1 and that stuff would be to keep the setup low profile. Thanks.
Logan Lassey
I like the idea of this setup from a workflow perspective, but I question the portability of a system with three physically separate parts. Seems much harder to transport than a single unit (e.g. an S2).

How do you carry them? If in the same bag then how do you protect them from each other? A separate case for each? That is what I would want, at which point it becomes more cumbersome than a single unit.

I have to say I believe Behringer really nailed this problem with the way you can join together the controllers in their CMD line. Native should have "borrowed" that idea...
Doreen Schurle
That's a lot of filter in your sets then. You can map a macro knob and assign some EQ adjustments in relative mode to kinda spice up that filter and especially if your Ladder type, it's that 0.55 <> 0.6 range where resonance start to kick in.

Trick is to add more EQ to the filters and get new dimension of sound. I have one relative modifier that does this but also add some noice (T3 reverb, lofi, filter, peak) from the center detent to the right. By using same modifier I could map same or any other combo to the LP really. It's controllerist technique but quite DJ handy feature. Next step would be mapping this to touch sensitive rotary pots and firmware superfaders to get endless creativity.
Not a bad idea actually dude... I may have to add in some of that EQing, although I find that the Z filter profile does a good job for letting you mix smoothly.
Kellie Myrum

Doreen Schurle
This.

Tbh, I could get away with using the F1 as a mixer (just did a mapping for that actually) because all I really need for each channel is a monitor button, a volume fader and a filter knob.
Kellie Myrum
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by LoopCat
Having all that deck control and a tiny two channel mixer doesn't make sense to me.
I knew it'd be good when I first saw it, but when I actually USED it... jesus.

I couldn't imagine a better setup tbh. Unless they made a 4 channel version of the Z1; but I'd be happy with two of them.
Yong Aptekar
Ultimate? Maybe. Solid? Yes.
Ming Devis
Elroy Sillman
the ultimate "mobile" setup. I dig it tho, lots of possibilities!
Hellen Mindrup
In my opinion that is far from an ultimate setup... But that's just me and who the hell am I?
Nedra Fresneda
Depends on who you ask and their needs. A pair of X1 mkII and a XoneK2 would be my ultimate mobile setup
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by pgtampa
Yep. </thread>
Gaynell Rydberg
If it fits your workflow then sure.

Not many people have the Z1 in hand so it's mostly speculation. I don't use remix decks so I'd get something else in place for the F1. I still believe the Z1 is a silly idea though for controller DJing.

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy