Kontrol X1 help !!

Home :: Reviews of DJ equipment :: Kontrol X1 help !!Reply
Kontrol X1 help !!
Posted on: 02.01.2011 by Katharyn Stamatakos
I just purchased a Kontrol X1 controller for my setup ... I am currently running Traktor Scratch Pro ... love the controller however the setup is difficult i finally got it working but the Hotcue button is not working?? everything else is functional except the Hotcue option ... I imported a tsi file from the Kontrol X1 software ... please help thanks
Emely Arangua
Originally Posted by photojojo
You'll need to update to the latest version if Traktor for the X1 to work. Also it's not an audio interface so you'll also need a separate soundcard if you don't have one already.
Hi I had the same problem w/cue button. my version is 2.1.1 traktor scratch pro.
I dont want to make updates in my traktor as i heard it always causes problems, so why fix if it aint broken.
But with my x1 is different story... if i update my x1 to the latest driver would it fix the cue button problem and more importantly, would still work fine with my un updated version 2.1.1?

What does it causes for this problem to appear all of a sudden?
Many Thanks in advance,

G
Katharyn Stamatakos
I just purchased a Kontrol X1 controller for my setup ... I am currently running Traktor Scratch Pro ... love the controller however the setup is difficult i finally got it working but the Hotcue button is not working?? everything else is functional except the Hotcue option ... I imported a tsi file from the Kontrol X1 software ... please help thanks
Emely Arangua
Originally Posted by photojojo
You'll need to update to the latest version if Traktor for the X1 to work. Also it's not an audio interface so you'll also need a separate soundcard if you don't have one already.
Hi I had the same problem w/cue button. my version is 2.1.1 traktor scratch pro.
I dont want to make updates in my traktor as i heard it always causes problems, so why fix if it aint broken.
But with my x1 is different story... if i update my x1 to the latest driver would it fix the cue button problem and more importantly, would still work fine with my un updated version 2.1.1?

What does it causes for this problem to appear all of a sudden?
Many Thanks in advance,

G
Katharyn Stamatakos
hey everyone thanks for all your help with my problem i was having ... however i contacted native instruments today and the tech line help me out and so did all of you ... my problem was that i needed to update my traktor software .. the reason why i couldn't figure it out was b/c the license was under a different person so when i went to the service center in traktor it wasn't showing me any updates lol I'm an idiot so i just updated to my license number and saw all the updates available ... thanks again and happy/health new year !!!!!
Leeanna Ayla
Katharyn Stamatakos
The Traktor verison i am using is Version (1.2.2.7838) ... when my hotcue is lite up green everything works which is midi mode .. when i hit shift hotcue everything goes dark and nothing works ... when i go to my wizard setup in traktor and select audio interface as native instruments i then go to please choose your device and only the audio kontrol 1, kore, and maschine come up ??? nothing else
Nedra Fresneda
the hotcue button should only be green if you are in MIDI mode, you sure haven't accidentally set it up to boot that way or pressed shift + hotcue (puts X1 in MIDI mode).

like you said, this button can't be mapped, it acts as an internal modifier (extra shift) for the lower buttons
Leeanna Ayla
What version of Traktor? What happens if you hit shift + hot cue? The X1 communicates via NHL automatically so you don't need a regular tsi. You can use one, but it's not necessary to load on.
Katharyn Stamatakos
It works however when i hit the Hotcue button its suppose to light up white and give me access to the hotcue section but it doesn't it stays green ... i check the control manager and there is no CC command for the hotcue ??? I'm so lost ??? does anyone know where i can get the standard mapping for the kontrol X1???
Nakisha Startup
what do you mean it's not working ... does it not light up? can you not select hotcues? look in the controller manager and look for the commands for hotcues to see if they are there ... if they are, it might be a hardware issue

<< Back to Reviews of DJ equipment Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy