Just how OCD are you?

Just how OCD are you?
Posted on: 25.01.2013 by Lin Danek
this one is especially for PhotoJojo

Every single song currently in iTunes/Traktor (all 411GB worth) looks like this:

technics 1210 - luca morris [the original mix - but I don't put that in - unecessary detail]
back to basics (dubspeeka mx) - dubspeeka
japanese snowbell (guy j mx) - hernan cattaneo & soundexile
o' so (maya jane coles mx) - inxec & mark chambers

no exceptions
no artwork - because it doesn't match

Sitting in my office, but I know exactly what my S4 looks like in my studio right now:

cross-fader - dead centre
all buttons - 12 o'clock
jogwheels - traktor logo in 9 o'clock/3 o'clock position
deck level sliders - at the bottom
tempo sliders - dead centre
cue & mike knobs - recessed at 7 o'clock

I believe I have a REAL problem.
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by Patch
church!
LOL... Velcro "one-wrap" straps

Originally Posted by sev
will one of you ocd type people please come and sort my itunes out please?

i like to leave my crossfader dead centre, thats about it!
2 ways... Command + A > Delete
or
New folder on desktop > command + A > Copy > Paste > Dont look in itunes...
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by sev
It tends to get ugly when we get involved.
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by Jester
He's WEIRD.
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by Patch
church!
LOL... Velcro "one-wrap" straps

Originally Posted by sev

2 ways... Command + A > Delete
or
New folder on desktop > command + A > Copy > Paste > Dont look in itunes...
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by sev
It tends to get ugly when we get involved.
Ulysses Okelly

Brunilda Kora
Originally Posted by darioj
honestly, i am not that tidy of a person, but there are somethings that i can not just let go... Give me a rats nest of wires and i will sit there for hours to take them all apart and separate each one and then coil them neatly before using or storing them away.
church!
Judi Sissel
Honestly, I am not that tidy of a person, but there are somethings that I can not just let go... Give me a rats nest of wires and I will sit there for hours to take them all apart and separate each one and then coil them neatly before using or storing them away.
Palma Hanslip
I have major OCD when it comes to a lot of things but other things I'm just very, very neat about. I also have things that can look a total and utter mess but if I know what's in that mess and nobody touches it I'm happy to tackle it in my own time. It's quite strange what I do..
Caleb Demillo
I keep my place very neat and tidy, and my music is very organized in iTunes. My car, washed bi-weekly and vacuumed, very tidy as well.

I believe people have gone too far with calling everyone neat "OCD".

It's lazy slobs who started to point at their neat friends and said "You are so OCD!" to compensate for their slob-ism.

We may be anal retentive, but probably not really OCD.

True OCD usually involves repeating the same action over and over again:

"There are many types of obsessions and compulsions. Examples include:
Checking and rechecking actions (such as turning out the lights and locking the door)
Excessive counting
Excessive fear of germs
The compulsion to repeatedly wash the hands to ward off infection"
Carisa Ridgel
Haha, definitely readjusting my S4 every time I'd done, it bugs me to look at it all over the place in the idle state.
Not so much with the music collection oddly enough, have been meaning to re-organize my folders for some time now. But I guess so far I mostly know where to find stuff or where to go to if I don't have that "next tune should be this" idea in my head at the moment.
Klara Kinnebrew
I have OCD just with my music collection. I bave almost a terabyte of music and its all labeled the same. Folder name is the artist, inside fders are the album names, inside files are the names of songs. My friends drool over my music collection for being so vast and organized. I was a teenager when napster blew up so the music world was my oyster for a while....
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by Jester
He's WEIRD.
Brunilda Kora
OCD or being a perfectionist is a barrier to creativity (and I am as guilty of this as anyone)...

Just ask ill Gates. He's got a free video on youtube that explains it perfectly.
Random X
Thanks!
Kristofer Krauel
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
Latoria Kavulich
Random X
Help me out on this one.... OCD?
Antoinette Harbst
Originally Posted by JonathanBlake
Every single song (all 411GB worth)

Dude! I used to believe I had a lot with 200g on my old laptop.

When it comes to production of any kind I'm an absolute perfection. (Which is why my logo making takes a bit of time)

When it comes to irl, I'll typically find myself opening and closing every cabinet in the house multiple times in a circle. I have to turn left around tables and islands, not right (I'd be pro at nascar). Rearranging ANYTHING small to be neat.

I actually do have OCD though. I'm weird :/
Sherrell Dargenio
Beyond OCD... with everything unfortunately. My car must always be clean, inside and outside and if my rims aren't shiny there is a problem. If anyone uses it and doesn't reverse park and keep the wheels straight I get pissed.
My level of song organization for DJing is beyond silly, folders and sub folders and sub folders. It looks like a complete mess but it totally works for me. Then there's my books and movies which are all in proper alphabetical order and if that's ruined I will lay down the law. Then there's all my daily routines I do in the exact same way at the same time... Oh it never ends.
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by sarasin
Just a TAD my friend!
However, I need to tell you that it only gets WORSE!
Oh dear.
Layne Koop
I am not ODC....I am CDO. CDO is exactly like OCD, except that the letters are in alphabetical order the way they should be!!!!
Lilliana Perris
I remember when I start getting into music production....

I would hear something I kinda liked and then OCD kicks in and my brain starts trying to work out visually how it would be done.

SHIIIIIIT.......I could not get away from it.
Lilliana Perris
Just a TAD my friend!

However, I need to tell you that it only gets WORSE!

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy