Music theory, terminology, etc.

Music theory, terminology, etc.
Posted on: 26.01.2013 by Toya Spor
Is there a good book or two out there that can completely explain musical concepts and terminology? I always hear words like tremolo, arpeggio, pitch, mode, note, step, key, etc and get curious. I'm a beginner DJ/producer and I'd like to know more.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by davoh
Book or two? No. Books? Yes.

As for what? Pretty much any book to do with music will at least fill you in on most of it. It's not just a dj thing, it's a musician thing.

Get something to do with piano or guitar, maybe something about drums too wouldn't hurt.
Grove's Dictionary, yo.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes
Antoinette Harbst
Originally Posted by protocol
Is there a good book or two out there that can completely explain musical concepts and terminology?

As for what? Pretty much any book to do with music will at least fill you in on most of it. It's not just a dj thing, it's a musician thing.

Get something to do with piano or guitar, maybe something about drums too wouldn't hurt.
Toya Spor
Is there a good book or two out there that can completely explain musical concepts and terminology? I always hear words like tremolo, arpeggio, pitch, mode, note, step, key, etc and get curious. I'm a beginner DJ/producer and I'd like to know more.
Yong Aptekar
Hit up the music section of your local bookstore, or go to a music shop (long and mcquade, guitar center etc.) And see what they have. Or read up on music theory online.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by davoh

Grove's Dictionary, yo.
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes
Noriko Lebowitz
Jazzology. http://www.amazon.com/Jazzology-Ency.../dp/0634086782
Antoinette Harbst
Originally Posted by protocol
Is there a good book or two out there that can completely explain musical concepts and terminology?

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy