Building a Home Still - Moonshining

Building a Home Still - Moonshining
Posted on: 04.02.2013 by Lilliana Perris
Soooo, I am about to pull the trigger and get some fermenter tanks and get my home still built.

Anyone here brew their own beer or make their own spirits?

I am keen on some original Corn Shine but will be making fruit brandy mostly.

Gonna be using a Stainless Steel pot with a copper pot still etc. Nothing fancy really.

Anyways, just wondering if there any other "HillBillies", "Rednecks" out there like me?

I am an original farm boy.

Lilliana Perris
Soooo, I am about to pull the trigger and get some fermenter tanks and get my home still built.

Anyone here brew their own beer or make their own spirits?

I am keen on some original Corn Shine but will be making fruit brandy mostly.

Gonna be using a Stainless Steel pot with a copper pot still etc. Nothing fancy really.

Anyways, just wondering if there any other "HillBillies", "Rednecks" out there like me?

I am an original farm boy.

Lilliana Perris
AWESOME!

Yeah, I am not gonna go reflux JUST yet. I am gonna just do the straight Copper PotStill...
Stainless Steel Pot with a Copper Still Head on top. The head will be a foot long and thick as your wrist. Stuff some copper mesh in there and that will be my lil reflux action. Then 1.5 meter condenser pipe, that has a larger pipe around it, that will have water flowing through it, cooling the pipe inside.

Very excited!!!

Much more economical that a worm coil etc. (less copper pipe...$$$)

Thing is.....should one still use a 'Thumper' or "Slobber Box"?

They say it increases your alcohol percentage from 65% to about 85%.....?!

I understand that the reflux part, redistills and that makes the booze cleaner etc....but do you believe adding a thumper will make much difference?

Have you used one?

Also, what did you use to make your Vodka and Gin?

Just Sugar, Water and Yeast ....or did you add any fruit or additives?

Cheers for replying!
Breanne Penge
I have a custom built reflux column still. About a year ago I removed the shotgun condensor unit and replaced it with a copper coil to get a more consistent temperature through the chamber rather than blasting it the old way.

Producing some really top notch vodka and gin.

costs about 15 bucks to yield 9 or 10 750ml bottles of finished product Winning
Lilliana Perris
Yeah? Good Fun?

I am not gonna be making beer tho. I got off beer about 10 years ago. Used to be my staple!

Here, I will be making Fruit Brandy and Corn Whiskey.

Sourced a 33L Stainless Steel Stock Pot yesterday and have already got my fermenter tank.
Found another local site that sells Homestill parts and spares. So I can get my connectors there. Need to drill a hole or 2 into the lid of the pot, to fit the copper pipe etc.

Still need to get my Hydrometer and copper pipe. Then I am goood to go!

Homegrown Herbs and Homegrown Booze.

That HAS to be the way forward innit?

Latoria Kavulich
We used to use the Coopers kits to make home brew beer. it works out pretty cheap per bottle once you are all set up with the gear.
Lilliana Perris
NO ONE?

Come on now....show your backward styles!

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy