im pissed right now, and its because of the LA Times article (RAVES = Drugs & Death)

Home :: Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics. :: im pissed right now, and its because of the LA Times article (RAVES = Drugs & Death)Reply
im pissed right now, and its because of the LA Times article (RAVES = Drugs & Death)
Posted on: 08.02.2013 by Libbie Orion
So this jerkoff journalist who is not releasing his name wrote up an article depicting that if you attend a RAVE, its the reason you
use drugs
kill or be killed in a car crash
and the list goes on..... so i did my usual thing, got on my soap box, and i mouthed up to him. Im waiting a reply.
Ill post the article below, and after that in the next post, is what i said to him.

THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE:

A fatal toll on concertgoers as raves boost cities' income
Struggling local governments welcome large music events staged by L.A.-based promoters, but reports reveal a tragic pattern of drug overdoses.

On the edge of the Mojave, music promoter Pasquale Rotella staged a rave about 11 years ago that ended with a coroner's wagon rolling down desert roads.

Five people died of overdoses and drug-related car crashes during or shortly after the Nocturnal Wonderland concert at the Chemehuevi Indian Reservation in San Bernardino County.

Watch: Video discussion

The all-evening party of electronic dance music was among the big raves to emerge from an Ecstasy-fueled underground of urban warehouses.

These days, raves fill fairgrounds, basketball arenas and football stadiums. Their audiences are no longer a few hundred revelers but tens of thousands.

As raves have moved into the mainstream, there have been more tragedies across the country.

Since 2006, at least 14 people who attended concerts produced by Rotella, considered within the industry the nation's leading rave promoter, and Reza Gerami, another prominent Los Angeles-based impresario, have died from overdoses or in other drug-related incidents, a Times investigation has found.

GRAPHIC: Read more about the 14 deaths

According to an analysis of coroners' and law enforcement reports from nine states, most of the deaths were linked to Ecstasy or similar designer drugs
Libbie Orion
So this jerkoff journalist who is not releasing his name wrote up an article depicting that if you attend a RAVE, its the reason you
use drugs
and the list goes on..... so i did my usual thing, got on my soap box, and i mouthed up to him. Im waiting a reply.
Ill post the article below, and after that in the next post, is what i said to him.

THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE:

Struggling local governments welcome large music events staged by L.A.-based promoters, but reports reveal a tragic pattern of drug overdoses.

On the edge of the Mojave, music promoter Pasquale Rotella staged a rave about 11 years ago that ended with a coroner's wagon rolling down desert roads.

Five people died of overdoses and drug-related car crashes during or shortly after the Nocturnal Wonderland concert at the Chemehuevi Indian Reservation in San Bernardino County.

The all-evening party of electronic dance music was among the big raves to emerge from an Ecstasy-fueled underground of urban warehouses.

These days, raves fill fairgrounds, basketball arenas and football stadiums. Their audiences are no longer a few hundred revelers but tens of thousands.

As raves have moved into the mainstream, there have been more tragedies across the country.

Since 2006, at least 14 people who attended concerts produced by Rotella, considered within the industry the nation's leading rave promoter, and Reza Gerami, another prominent Los Angeles-based impresario, have died from overdoses or in other drug-related incidents, a Times investigation has found.

According to an analysis of coroners' and law enforcement reports from nine states, most of the deaths were linked to Ecstasy or similar designer drugs
Libbie Orion
use drugs

THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE:

Sherrell Dargenio
Originally Posted by MWagner
I have to admit though, back when I went to raves (1994-2000 or so), there were a shit load of drugs there.
Thing thing is, people on drugs = usually happy and friendly
People who are drunk = complete crapshoot

I'd rather be surrounded by people rolling their face off than a bunch of drunk people any day. Both are annoying yet only one may become violent.
Marybeth Viscione
Originally Posted by antifmradio

Exactly!
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by Manolo008
The next thing is that they will tell us what to eat.
you mean like this?
Nanny Bloomberg' Ad In New York Times Targets N.Y. Mayor's Anti-Soda Crusade
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by tekki
LoLz... seems like an article that was written by some journalist 20 or 30 years ago.
and thats the second part of it that upsets me. This may have been true way back when.
STolen generators to power the place
every promotional team for these things was carrying their own pair of LOCK CUTTERS
They had a friend always watching where the cops would be
There was usually one guy at the venue giving massages and another giving out fresh fruit
Some chick outside at the corner selling glow stick products.

So what does this have to do with TODAYS element?
Libbie Orion
use drugs

THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE:

Lillia Datson
Drugs are a part of raves as much as music. Does it make it right or ethical? Probably not, but the things that get these people killed isn't the drug itself (apart from the odd batch of rat poison, but thats the risk people take) its the people!

You get people who drink too much, and cant handle their drink, despite believeing that they can. Its exactly the same with drugs. People don't know their own limits and end up eating a pharmacy worth of pills, which is a prime example of 'too much of anything will kill you'

Nobody bats an eyelid when a drunk driver ploughs into a lampost. Everyone kicks off when someone on drugs dies though, and it reflects badly on what most of us enjoy going too or playing at.

If we could could get rid of the idiots, then we'd all be happy.
Sherrell Dargenio
Originally Posted by MWagner
I have to admit though, back when I went to raves (1994-2000 or so), there were a shit load of drugs there.
Thing thing is, people on drugs = usually happy and friendly
People who are drunk = complete crapshoot

I'd rather be surrounded by people rolling their face off than a bunch of drunk people any day. Both are annoying yet only one may become violent.
Cassaundra Lindesmith
The local cops who work EDC and the like love it. They will tell you there are far less arrests and deaths at "raves" than at most large Metallica concerts. Shit isnt LA the city where ppl get killed at baseball games?
Werner Bile
Sherrell Dargenio
The same thing happened in the 90s when real raves were exploding all over the place. Then the media turned agaisnt hip hop, now it's back on dance music. It's a cycle, in 5 years the media will be agaisnt mainstream metal all over again.
Marybeth Viscione
Originally Posted by antifmradio

Exactly!
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by Manolo008
The next thing is that they will tell us what to eat.
you mean like this?
Nanny Bloomberg' Ad In New York Times Targets N.Y. Mayor's Anti-Soda Crusade
Marybeth Viscione
"The city should have zero tolerance for any activity where drugs are an integral part,"

Lolz! Then they can also close al bars, liquor stores, drugstores and other spots where they sell alcohol, nicotine and medecines.

I really still don't understand how it is possible that someone can say that you can't take something YOU want to take. That someone can forbid you to smoke a plant or take a pill. The next thing is that they will tell us what to eat.
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by tekki
LoLz... seems like an article that was written by some journalist 20 or 30 years ago.
and thats the second part of it that upsets me. This may have been true way back when.
STolen generators to power the place
every promotional team for these things was carrying their own pair of LOCK CUTTERS
They had a friend always watching where the cops would be
There was usually one guy at the venue giving massages and another giving out fresh fruit
Some chick outside at the corner selling glow stick products.

So what does this have to do with TODAYS element?
Random X
Libbie Orion
it was LA
and Kaskade weighed in on it with his comments, and let me tell you, what he had to say was
LONG
ELOQUENT
WELL WORDED
poignant
FACTUAL
and just what someone of his level needs to say about all this nonsense - rehashed - narrow-minded -tunnel-vision aspect of EDM and RAVES.
The subject of the article was started out as "Do you believe cities rely too much on revenue from raves?"

WTF? where the hell is this author talking about?
Raves --- giving money back to cities?
Yong Aptekar
I say bring more articles like this. It will drive electronic back out of the mainstream. Drugs have always been part of raves, even before all of these huge raves. You sure this was LAtimes and not christwire?
Libbie Orion
THIS IS WHAT I SAID TO HIM::::

so people goto raves and become drug induced? People become users AT a rave? must REALLY be some magic going on at the entrance. IF someone is going use at a RAVE, higher chances are they have been a user for some time WELL before they attended. Its not the RAVE that made them use, nor is it the RAVE | Promoters | Djs | Music, that MAKES them get into a car and drive under the influence. Why not talk about HIP HOP events? where people get shot, stabbed, or even rapped in a club. I have seen this happen but in that event they go after the "youth from the wrong side of the tracks?" Why not the music? Why not the promoter? There are more drug deals going down at a ROCK concert then anywhere else on the planet in public......... and its a RAVE thats doing harm? SO tell me something Mr Journalist, are you over 30? Are you over 40? if not ill bet your parents are... so ask yourself or them, who their favorite musician is or best concert ever attended. Ill bet the artists were HIGHER then helium while playing live........ but its the PEOPLE or the MUSIC thats at fault?
Antifmradio DOT com..... you know where to find me so lets discuss this in full. Ill pull out all the technology and sit down to do a full scale interview on this if you dont mind.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy