DJ Community Project

DJ Community Project
Posted on: 18.02.2013 by Socorro Noethe
Hi

Im at University in Falmouth, England. I am doing a 3D Design course which is very multidisciplinary and am focusing on a project based around the DJ community.

I am a DJ myself and have a digital setup, using Traktor, Behringer DDM4000, NI Trakor X1, Korg LPD8, Korg NanoPad and a ESI Gigaprt HD. About to invest on a MIDI keyboard to doing some producing with Ableton Live and maybe start doing some DJing with ableton.

But in my project i am looking at how people get into the DJ community and how they access it, how people widen their audience if they DJ out or have a redisiency somewhere... Also the way that DJs interact with the audience. We have all seen the 'Serato face' and DJs with laptops not focusing enough on the audience... I want to look at ways of changing these things and opening up access to more people.

Any help or answers to some of there points raised would be MUCH APPRECIATED!

Thanks

Chris
Socorro Noethe
Originally Posted by JesusJuice
this intrigues me, in my case im always dancing. if im dancing to good music and im hyped about it the crowd always agrees for some reason.
Yeah im pretty intrigued to know exactly what people do and how a design might benefit on this subject. Obviously the music is the main part but even when the music is good sometimes people arent engaged and dancing, its intersting to look at ways in which this can be looked at and helped as such.. If you or anyone could fill out his survey i did it would be great!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/363WD58
Socorro Noethe
Hi

Im at University in Falmouth, England. I am doing a 3D Design course which is very multidisciplinary and am focusing on a project based around the DJ community.

I am a DJ myself and have a digital setup, using Traktor, Behringer DDM4000, NI Trakor X1, Korg LPD8, Korg NanoPad and a ESI Gigaprt HD. About to invest on a MIDI keyboard to doing some producing with Ableton Live and maybe start doing some DJing with ableton.

But in my project i am looking at how people get into the DJ community and how they access it, how people widen their audience if they DJ out or have a redisiency somewhere... Also the way that DJs interact with the audience. We have all seen the 'Serato face' and DJs with laptops not focusing enough on the audience... I want to look at ways of changing these things and opening up access to more people.

Any help or answers to some of there points raised would be MUCH APPRECIATED!

Thanks

Chris
Socorro Noethe
Thanks for the response guys, any help i am grateful for.
I believe its an interesting topic to look at, just because good music is being played, doesnt always mean people are going to dance. I want to look at other ways in which people will dance and get more involved in the evening and the music.
Done a little survey on interaction and the DJ community, if anyone would fill this out it would be great!

Socorro Noethe
Thanks for the response, any help i am grateful for.
I believe its an interesting topic to look at, just because good music is being played, doesnt always mean people are going to dance. I want to look at other ways in which people will dance and get more involved in the evening and the music. help DJs communicate with the audience through some kind of design... controller, set, stage, lights, it could be anything, there are many possibilities!
Done a little survey on interaction and the DJ community, if anyone would fill this out it would be great!

Socorro Noethe
Originally Posted by JesusJuice
this intrigues me, in my case im always dancing. if im dancing to good music and im hyped about it the crowd always agrees for some reason.
Yeah im pretty intrigued to know exactly what people do and how a design might benefit on this subject. Obviously the music is the main part but even when the music is good sometimes people arent engaged and dancing, its intersting to look at ways in which this can be looked at and helped as such.. If you or anyone could fill out his survey i did it would be great!

Armanda Yankauskas

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy