Kendrick Lamar = new hip hop legend?

Kendrick Lamar = new hip hop legend?
Posted on: 24.02.2013 by Valeri Holderness
I've been listening to good kid, m.a.a.d. city religiously over the last little while. Anyone else believe this is the greatest hip hop album to be released in a while? His lyrics and technique are off the hook! He's got the social consciousness and sheer rawness of the golden era dudes. Production is amazing as well.

Thoughts?
Valeri Holderness
Originally Posted by Xtian317
I saw him last year at Soundset. His live show wasn't that great. Typical incoherent yelling and numerous hype men on stage attempting to distract everyone. I like some of his stuff, but it's not the stuff that has ended up on the radio (I can't stand Swimming Pools).
If you want some stuff that will blow your mind, check out Aesop Rock (NOT ASAP Rocky), Brother Ali, P.O.S, Evidence or Atmosphere. All different approaches to flow and subject matter.
Ah thats a shame. I sort of saw this coming though, his stuff is so mellow. I can't even picture him performing his stuff in an up beat or hyped up manner
Valeri Holderness
I've been listening to good kid, m.a.a.d. city religiously over the last little while. Anyone else believe this is the greatest hip hop album to be released in a while? His lyrics and technique are off the hook! He's got the social consciousness and sheer rawness of the golden era dudes. Production is amazing as well.

Thoughts?
Janell Selser
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-evening -li...rt-yolo/n32022

Seems like a sensible enough guy.
Valeri Holderness
Originally Posted by Xtian317
I saw him last year at Soundset. His live show wasn't that great. Typical incoherent yelling and numerous hype men on stage attempting to distract everyone. I like some of his stuff, but it's not the stuff that has ended up on the radio (I can't stand Swimming Pools).
If you want some stuff that will blow your mind, check out Aesop Rock (NOT ASAP Rocky), Brother Ali, P.O.S, Evidence or Atmosphere. All different approaches to flow and subject matter.
Ah thats a shame. I sort of saw this coming though, his stuff is so mellow. I can't even picture him performing his stuff in an up beat or hyped up manner
Shad Rametta
Thank God for kats like Immortal Technique.....though, even he is an older MC.
But at least he is still spittin' siiiiiiick rhymes, over ILL beats!!!

Shad Rametta
If you want some stuff that will blow your mind, check out Aesop Rock, Brother Ali, P.O.S, Evidence or Atmosphere. All different approaches to flow and subject matter.
Absolutely, but those are all older artists!

My friend and I were talking about this very subject earlier today....the SERIOUS lack of new talent in Hip-Hop. There is NO ONE out there to carry the torch for the next generation. Once all of the legends are dead, Hip-Hop will truly die along with them. I hope that a movement comes along to prove me wrong, believe me I REALLY do!!

I agree w' all of those suggested artists except, Slug (Atmosphere)......He/They suck now!!! It's been Hit or Miss for them after "Sevens Travels". Sadly, the same thing goes for Brother Ali. He hasn't released any good material since "Undisputed Truth". Evidence's latest, "Cats & Dogs", is great, however!!!!

If you want to hear good Hip-Hop, you not only have to listen to older artists, but you also
have to listen to older material. Hip-Hop is in a REALLY SAD state right now!!! Even the legends
are releasing more garbage than not.
Janell Selser
They're all great in their own ways, but have been around for a long time. I'm just glad to have a new up and coming MC to be excited about, it's been awhile. Sucks to here about his live show sounding shitty that seems to be pretty standard for most hip hop acts that I've seen. Sometimes it's the venue but most of the time it's the stupid hype men and lazy performance.
Valery Ellick
Janell Selser
Agreed. Best hip hop album put out in years. I love how diverse his flow is. Some of his songs you'd believe there's 3 or 4 Mc's on the mic , but it's just him. I'm looking forward to what's next.
Ervin Calvery
I definitely believe it's great.

I'm not as crazy about some of subject matter but it's definitely very well executed - his technique, the production, etc.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy