I forgot how to Human

I forgot how to Human
Posted on: 27.02.2013 by Benjamin Sieh
Hey guys, I'm a 17 year old DJ from Delaware.
I have a huge gig coming up this weekend in which my job is not only to DJ and impress crowds of random people.
I also have to talk and network with people outside of my regular niche of clients. Some well known officials (senators, people from the mayors office, the governor, many school officials) along with a lot more less known people (parents, students, teachers, various business men, and people who work for other business who are also trying to network) who are all possible clients will be attending and my goal is to make friends with as many as possible.

I will have no problem playing music, and reading the crowds, preparing a set list, ect. My problem is that I can't converse well with people I don't know, or cannot properly relate to. So I'll have no problem at all talking to teenagers, college students, and so on. Buuut, I will probably give a senator the wrong impression of the business I represent.

So some points on conversation, and some general questions I should expect from people would be a great aid!

Thanks guys
Latina Samon
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
Just unpublished it whilst I was away from the community s last year. Didnt get around to putting it back up.
Will get around to it.

You good mate?

Its nice to be back and active in the community (since i got my life back, long story lets not go there).
Ahh I see.
Yeah good, progressed from my s2 to some cdjs (risky saying that here) and playing around with Ableton as well now.
You got any gigs round Preston coming up?
Benjamin Sieh
Originally Posted by DJMichaelHavok
wear a suit and tie
don't talk ghetto like you're all back of the bus, use proper verbage and english.

speak when spoken to, don't give your opinion unless asked for it, and when giving it make sure its neutral
shake hands and make eye contact when doing so, they will make conversation, if not then a simple, "Pleasure to meet you" followed by a "enjoy the rest of the event" will suffice

if you're around senators, none of them will actually want or care about your opinion on anything
Thanks man, you're a life saver haha
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by KS2
Easy Karlos, did you delete your fb page?
Just unpublished it whilst I was away from the community s last year. Didnt get around to putting it back up.
Will get around to it.

You good mate?

Its nice to be back and active in the community (since i got my life back, long story lets not go there).
Latina Samon
Fresh breathe is a good start.
Benjamin Sieh
You don't say?
Benjamin Sieh
Originally Posted by KS2
Are you asking how to talk to people?
yes 0_0
Benjamin Sieh
Hey guys, I'm a 17 year old DJ from Delaware.
I have a huge gig coming up this weekend in which my job is not only to DJ and impress crowds of random people.
I also have to talk and network with people outside of my regular niche of clients. Some well known officials (senators, people from the mayors office, the governor, many school officials) along with a lot more less known people (parents, students, teachers, various business men, and people who work for other business who are also trying to network) who are all possible clients will be attending and my goal is to make friends with as many as possible.

I will have no problem playing music, and reading the crowds, preparing a set list, ect. My problem is that I can't converse well with people I don't know, or cannot properly relate to. So I'll have no problem at all talking to teenagers, college students, and so on. Buuut, I will probably give a senator the wrong impression of the business I represent.

So some points on conversation, and some general questions I should expect from people would be a great aid!

Thanks guys
Latina Samon
Will get around to it.

You good mate?

Ahh I see.
Yeah good, progressed from my s2 to some cdjs (risky saying that here) and playing around with Ableton as well now.
You got any gigs round Preston coming up?
Benjamin Sieh
Originally Posted by DJMichaelHavok
wear a suit and tie
don't talk ghetto like you're all back of the bus, use proper verbage and english.

speak when spoken to, don't give your opinion unless asked for it, and when giving it make sure its neutral
shake hands and make eye contact when doing so, they will make conversation, if not then a simple, "Pleasure to meet you" followed by a "enjoy the rest of the event" will suffice

if you're around senators, none of them will actually want or care about your opinion on anything
Thanks man, you're a life saver haha
Brunilda Kora
(senators, people from the mayors office, the governor, many school officials) along with a lot more less known people (parents, students, teachers, various business men, and people who work for other business who are also trying to network)
Mate - not many of those people sound like the type that would personally hire a DJ.

Your BEST hope is that they will give their secretary/PA/administrator your business card and she (or he?) wil store it with all their other contacts.

Just be brief - introduce yourself confidently, and ask if they'd mind taking your business card. 30 seconds max per person.
Piedad Apelian
wear a suit and tie

Kellie Myrum
Ask him how he likes flanger or beatmasher
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by KS2
Will get around to it.

You good mate?

Danae Dumler
Well based on what I read in the papers, the senators ought to have plenty to say about prostitution and extramarital affairs, so I'd stick to topics like that....
Latina Samon
Benjamin Sieh
You don't say?
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Benjamin Sieh
Originally Posted by KS2
yes 0_0
Latina Samon

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy