Your DJ story

Your DJ story
Posted on: 15.03.2013 by Daria Savola
Hello! I'm new here! And basically i just wanted to be part of a community where we all speak almost the same DJ language.
Today i wanted to ask you how did you actually got into djing. Just because i'm curious and i wanted to make new friends
Always had a musical background at home, listening from Classical Orchestras to Folk and traditional sounds of my country. A few years ago my ears fell in love with the beats that electronic music offered me, but it wasn't until i started going to gigs and venues that i actually understood what was this kind of music about. Dancing, jumping, forgetting the fact that you had thousands of things in your mind and just...enjoy. It was cool for some time just to do that, but i really felt curious and realize i NEEDED to take part of that. I mean, i needed to have an ACTIVE participation, i wanted to be the person that setted and "controlled" in some way, the levels of excitement of the crowd with the songs i'd play... well, pretty much being the dj, the entertainer.
So a few months ago, i started a dj course which gave me pretty much the basics, as playing with vinyls and CDJs and beatmatching, but unfortunatelly i'm pretty stucked there, as i haven't found my gear .
As for production, i'm self-teaching FL Studio and having a hard time! haha! But i'm really giving it a try.

Well, as for me, i believe that's it.
What about you?

Lands*
Daria Savola
Hello! I'm new here! And basically i just wanted to be part of a community where we all speak almost the same DJ language.
Today i wanted to ask you how did you actually got into djing. Just because i'm curious and i wanted to make new friends
Always had a musical background at home, listening from Classical Orchestras to Folk and traditional sounds of my country. A few years ago my ears fell in love with the beats that electronic music offered me, but it wasn't until i started going to gigs and venues that i actually understood what was this kind of music about. Dancing, jumping, forgetting the fact that you had thousands of things in your mind and just...enjoy. It was cool for some time just to do that, but i really felt curious and realize i NEEDED to take part of that. I mean, i needed to have an ACTIVE participation, i wanted to be the person that setted and "controlled" in some way, the levels of excitement of the crowd with the songs i'd play... well, pretty much being the dj, the entertainer.
So a few months ago, i started a dj course which gave me pretty much the basics, as playing with vinyls and CDJs and beatmatching, but unfortunatelly i'm pretty stucked there, as i haven't found my gear .
As for production, i'm self-teaching FL Studio and having a hard time! haha! But i'm really giving it a try.

Well, as for me, i believe that's it.
What about you?

Lands*

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy