Where Could I upload a Mix I did?

Where Could I upload a Mix I did?
Posted on: 22.03.2013 by Marin Boyea
Hello, i recently did a 1hour 20 somethin mix and I'm curious where i could upload it for free and without it getting taken down for copy rights n ish like that? I was looking at the Beatport DJ Mixes site and I'm curious as to how that works, i have tracks not from Beatport and i am wondering how the actual process works because i was reading multiple community topics surrounding the terms and conditions of uploading mixes to Beatport but with so many negative opinions and big legal words i am now lost and more confused about it.
So Basically my question about Beatport is, can i upload a mix that has music not purchased from Beatport and if i did upload it anyway would it get taken down for any reason?

Also im am in NOOO way Looking to make a profit off any of my mixes, i just want to upload my sets and have them available for download to anyone who wants it.

And one more thing I've tried uploading a mix i did on my iPod and made an account with sound cloud to upload it but i got an email like a minute after i uploaded it saying it had copy righted material and it got taken down.
I wasn't aware that sound cloud did that but ya just thought i'd mention that.

Thanks
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by KS2
I don't get why labels wouldn't want their music to be heard?
because the law says if you are UPLOADING, you are doing an act of distribuiting

When you distribute something, its the action of you moving it AWAY from your location to someone elses.
So i guess in laymen s terms, the rule still applies
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by BeepBoop
And one more thing I've tried uploading a mix i did on my iPod and made an account with sound cloud to upload it but i got an email like a minute after i uploaded it saying it had copy righted material and it got taken down.

Thanks
it could have been that someone reported it
or
a label has already contacted them, stating they do not want any mixes containing a particular set of songs owned by the label
posted onto the site

i have recently been getting into a lot of information about soundcloud and mixcloud, and its not a good thing i have been finding
Marin Boyea
Hello, i recently did a 1hour 20 somethin mix and I'm curious where i could upload it for free and without it getting taken down for copy rights n ish like that? I was looking at the Beatport DJ Mixes site and I'm curious as to how that works, i have tracks not from Beatport and i am wondering how the actual process works because i was reading multiple community topics surrounding the terms and conditions of uploading mixes to Beatport but with so many negative opinions and big legal words i am now lost and more confused about it.
So Basically my question about Beatport is, can i upload a mix that has music not purchased from Beatport and if i did upload it anyway would it get taken down for any reason?

Also im am in NOOO way Looking to make a profit off any of my mixes, i just want to upload my sets and have them available for download to anyone who wants it.

Thanks
Latoria Kavulich
mixing for more than 10 seconds also helps
Evita Mockel
It's the first track that gets tagged on Soundcloud in my experience. Alter it in someway or fade it in and that will usually fix it. I've had several get tagged and they aren't commercial tracks in any sense of the word, some aren't even signed to a label. There's also Mixcrate by the way.
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by KS2
because the law says if you are UPLOADING, you are doing an act of distribuiting

When you distribute something, its the action of you moving it AWAY from your location to someone elses.
So i guess in laymen s terms, the rule still applies
Augustine Mitzen
it's to prevent people uploading their tunes on soundcloud.
Latina Samon
Latoria Kavulich
Sorry, yes thats what i mean. soundcloud has some shazam type algorythm that scans tracks while they are uploading. in my case, the mix was already up for over 6 months, must have been when they first start doing it. it was because of Vangelis' "Opening Credits" from bladerunner.
Basically if you use commercial tunes, you just have to take your chances with soundcloud or use another service.
Libbie Orion
pinged ?
you mean removed?
Latoria Kavulich
i've had one mix pinged since soundcloud started, out of dozens
Libbie Orion
Originally Posted by BeepBoop

Thanks
it could have been that someone reported it
or
a label has already contacted them, stating they do not want any mixes containing a particular set of songs owned by the label
posted onto the site

i have recently been getting into a lot of information about soundcloud and mixcloud, and its not a good thing i have been finding
Augustine Mitzen
Mixcloud
Latoria Kavulich
Soundcloud, Mixcloud, House-Mixes are the most popular ones. Don't sweat the copyright thing unless you are using super commercial tracks.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy