How to build my own mapping for using Spectra like Animoog KB Scale

Home :: Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics. :: How to build my own mapping for using Spectra like Animoog KB ScaleReply
How to build my own mapping for using Spectra like Animoog KB Scale
Posted on: 23.03.2013 by Valentine Mizak
Hi,
even if im a hobby musician and a web programmer, i never programmed anything in the midi context. For better understanding, I want to know if it is possible to programm a mapping for my new midi fighter spectra to set my 16 arcade buttons e.g. to the D dur scale like D-E-Fis-G-A-H-Cis-D so that i have e.g D1, D2 scale on bank 1 up to D7, D8 on bank 4. For people who know Animoog on the ipad, i want to remake the kb scale stuff on my spectra, to use it with my NI Maschine e.g. for playing Reaktor plugins. Is something like that possible and if, how? Do i have to create a .tsi file or what format do i need to update to my midi fighter, what programming tools are there to create whatever file i need on OSX? Any help is welcome

Thx alot and best regards
Boris
Valentine Mizak
Hi,
even if im a hobby musician and a web programmer, i never programmed anything in the midi context. For better understanding, I want to know if it is possible to programm a mapping for my new midi fighter spectra to set my 16 arcade buttons e.g. to the D dur scale like D-E-Fis-G-A-H-Cis-D so that i have e.g D1, D2 scale on bank 1 up to D7, D8 on bank 4. For people who know Animoog on the ipad, i want to remake the kb scale stuff on my spectra, to use it with my NI Maschine e.g. for playing Reaktor plugins. Is something like that possible and if, how? Do i have to create a .tsi file or what format do i need to update to my midi fighter, what programming tools are there to create whatever file i need on OSX? Any help is welcome

Thx alot and best regards
Boris
Valentine Mizak
Hi Tekki,
thx again for your reply...after reading the manual again i just dont find any advice on how to change a single buttons send message, in the utility i can only change its color but not the midi note it sends, the main midi channel and the side buttons but not anything affecting a single button?! Any further advice? Bome's midi mapping would exactly do what i want but if i can change the stuff in the mfs firmware it would be better.

thx alot and best regards
Boris
Random X
Yes, make sure you DL and use the MIDIfighter utility and you will be able to change the messages of the buttons, if needed.

My experience, the basic/default note messages are used throughout most VSTs.

Same user guide as above, starts on page 2, and you might want to be interested in page 5 and onward. (This explains the basics on changing button messages and how to upload them to the MIDIfighter.)

So no need for Bome's or any of these type of 'translation' apps needed.
Valentine Mizak
Hi,
thx for the reply. Just read this appendix already, but i do not understand your reply. Its clear for me that the midi fighter sends the CCs or Notes i can find in the appendix. The question i have is, do a mfs file like e.g found in a traktor setup change those default CC and note settings? If yes, how can i build a mfs file by myself to setup up the fighter for my needs.
Or do i have to write a programm that "translates" the send cc information into the notes in need like
fighter sends cc -> app translate in midi note -> reaktor receives new information! I just dont get how its done, cause for me it looks like the mfs file changes those settings. Im willing to learn what to do, so if you say i need to get engaged with the basics first, perhaps you have an advice what to read first.

Thx and best regards
Boris
Random X
You might want to check this guide from page 13 onward:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/MF_Support_...User+Guide.pdf

Valentine Mizak
65 views and noone can reply anything?

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy