Turntables for Listening

Turntables for Listening
Posted on: 22.04.2013 by Gaynell Rydberg
Does anyone here ever just listen to their vinyls?

I just got Daft Punk's RAM and SHM's The Singles. Looking to procure a TT, but I don't really know where to look.

I'm leaning towards belt drive since it seems like low end direct drive TTs will just give me more problems since I'm not DJing with the tables.

So far, I've found this:
http://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT-LP.../dp/B002GYTPAE
Lashawn Maycock
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
Wat? I meant I just ordered the vinyls. I don't have them in hand.
Any TT will do really, but worth spending a little more on the cart/stylus - Audio Technica make excellent carts/styli for home listening use.

Also, sorry, I'm a bit of a pedant about this, but 'Vinyl' is plural, so no need for the the 's' on the end
Gaynell Rydberg
Does anyone here ever just listen to their vinyls?

I just got Daft Punk's RAM and SHM's The Singles. Looking to procure a TT, but I don't really know where to look.

I'm leaning towards belt drive since it seems like low end direct drive TTs will just give me more problems since I'm not DJing with the tables.

So far, I've found this:
http://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT-LP.../dp/B002GYTPAE
Emelina Chillson
tt500 is fine. use the s shaped arm. But yes, pick up a set of new carts. The shure M97's are great for listening. Since the numark does have an inter-changeable tonearm, ensure all your contacts are clean.
Gaynell Rydberg
Learn a new thing every day

Well, I might pick up a pair of Numark TT-500s in a trade. They have Stanton 500 AL-II cartridges which seem mediocre, kinda mixed reviews.

I'm also worried the TT-500 might have too much torque for just listening if that's even possible?

Also, with used turn tables, are there ways to verify condition just through photos like making sure hte plate is balanced? My friend was gonna buy the second from me but he was worried rough scratch would set the plate out of balance.
Lashawn Maycock
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
Any TT will do really, but worth spending a little more on the cart/stylus - Audio Technica make excellent carts/styli for home listening use.

Also, sorry, I'm a bit of a pedant about this, but 'Vinyl' is plural, so no need for the the 's' on the end
Gaynell Rydberg
Nevada Edgette
where did you get the RAM single from?
Yong Aptekar
For listening, ANY turntable will do as long as its got a sharp pointy end for the record, and 2 audio ends for the sound to come from.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy