$5000 Beats by Dre? what the actual f***?

$5000 Beats by Dre? what the actual f***?
Posted on: 23.04.2013 by Danae Dumler
Can someone please enlighten me as to how bidding went up to $5000 for a pair of headphones that you can buy for $300 new?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Never-Opened...e/350770822819
Danae Dumler
Originally Posted by HighTopFade
Yeah, what's the deal? I wouldn't want to pay the eBay commission for 5k.
^^^This - seems expensive just for a laugh, but the money laundering thing makes a bit of sense. Or perhaps Monster is doing this to trick people into believeing unopened boxes of headphones are a collector's item now?
Danae Dumler
Can someone please enlighten me as to how bidding went up to $5000 for a pair of headphones that you can buy for $300 new?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Never-Opened...e/350770822819
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Similar in the UK mate. 'Distance Selling' rules do not apply to auctioned items unless they are bought from a 'Business Seller'.

Still covered by general eBay rules but Distance Selling rules allows you a 7 day 'cooling off period' and a 30 day money back window if the seller has misrepresented the product or misinformed you.
Latoria Kavulich
I did find out something about our own version of ebay "TradeMe"
If you win an auction by bid, you are not covered by our "consumers guarantee act" whereas if you use "buy now" or "pay now" options, you are.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
If one party does not agree to the cancelation then it goes to eBay arbitration.

I have done it. A guy bought something off me then contacted me and said I've changed my mind, I want to pick it up with cash. I cancelled the sale within an allotted time and he agreed to it. eBay handles it automatically " blah blah has asked to cancel this sale, do you agree etc" , they respond yes. You get an email "blah blah has agreed to the cancellation. Your eBay fees will be placed back in your account" or words to that effect.

Nobody pays anything to eBay or PayPal.
Latoria Kavulich
so if the seller does not agree what happens then? does ebay send the mob around to sort it out?
Gaynell Rydberg
You can cancel if both buyer and seller agree.
Latoria Kavulich
Not sure what the law is in the US regarding auctions, but in New Zealand if you win an auction, you are legally obligated to pay the agreed on price. If you don't pay you are liable for prosecution.
Johnna Callery
yeah...and then pay Ebay's stupid fees for the auction? I highly doubt it...
nayit ruiz jaramillo
They don't need to give eBay any money. The seller cancels the sale and the buyer approves the action. It's easy to do as long as both parties are willing or in cahoots. No-one pays anyone anything. Still seems like a prank to me.
Danae Dumler
Originally Posted by HighTopFade
^^^This - seems expensive just for a laugh, but the money laundering thing makes a bit of sense. Or perhaps Monster is doing this to trick people into believeing unopened boxes of headphones are a collector's item now?
Rena Estabrook
nayit ruiz jaramillo
I bet they are all mates and they did for a laugh knowing it would get attention. The seller can just mark them as paid.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
seems like a scam to launder dirty money, although there was a bit of a bidding war between 2 users.
Emelina Paglia
Lol what the fuck!?

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy