R.I.P Richie Havens.

R.I.P Richie Havens.
Posted on: 22.04.2013 by nayit ruiz jaramillo
R.I.P a great man, Richie Havens.

Danced my ass off too many times to mention to this classic tune.
He played at Woodstock. He died today at 72. Stopped gigging just 3 years ago.

Inspiration is right here fellas.

Janyce Henningson
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
Check out this performance of 'Freedom' at Woodstock mate. Folky stuff but ASTOUNDING .
He played open tuned guitar with his HUGE thumb... my mate is a big fan of his folk stuff. On hearing of his death he posted on FB that "Havens is dead but the thumb lives on" my mate is a rather twisted fellow.

Yeah I was watching some stuff on YouTube yesterday after seeing this, the guy had talent for sure.
Random X
Check out this performance of 'Freedom' at Woodstock mate. Folky stuff but ASTOUNDING .
He played open tuned guitar with his HUGE thumb... my mate is a big fan of his folk stuff. On hearing of his death he posted on FB that "Havens is dead but the thumb lives on" my mate is a rather twisted fellow.

I will never forget the day my Music school teacher shared this exact vid in excitement with us. And told about the technicality and pure feeling he used to get Woodstock moved/touched... Memories.

Thanks for reminding me on this one bro'!

Awesome!
nayit ruiz jaramillo
R.I.P a great man, Richie Havens.

Danced my ass off too many times to mention to this classic tune.
He played at Woodstock. He died today at 72. Stopped gigging just 3 years ago.

Inspiration is right here fellas.

Janyce Henningson

Yeah I was watching some stuff on YouTube yesterday after seeing this, the guy had talent for sure.
Random X

I will never forget the day my Music school teacher shared this exact vid in excitement with us. And told about the technicality and pure feeling he used to get Woodstock moved/touched... Memories.

Thanks for reminding me on this one bro'!

Awesome!
nayit ruiz jaramillo

Janyce Henningson
Great track (and a good cover by F.P.I Project) - don't know his other stuff but Goin Back To My Roots will be played forever - RIP
Dannie Dimora
I read Richie H... and then my heart stopped for a moment...
Indeed, inspiration for many.. I believe i have the original vinyl somewhere... (italian version)
Random X
Inspiration indeed bro'... He will be missed.
Javier Rowinsky
Rip

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy