Bitcoins, the virtual currency. What the hell?

Bitcoins, the virtual currency. What the hell?
Posted on: 22.04.2013 by Jeannine Drobney
Do any DJTT members use bitcoins or have experience in owning, trading, paying, or receiving payment with this virtual currency. It sounds pretty amazing and pretty bs all at the same time.
Luciano Hyppolite
Originally Posted by deevey
...... ?

ahahahhaha,

the concept behind it is that you "donate" your computer time to process transactions of other people and in rewards for your services you are payed with bitcoins
Tesha Freudenstein
...... ?

https://www.weusecoins.com/en/mining-guide
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by alchemy
Im currently investigating on mining bitcoins.
...... ?

Jeannine Drobney
Do any DJTT members use bitcoins or have experience in owning, trading, paying, or receiving payment with this virtual currency. It sounds pretty amazing and pretty bs all at the same time.
Toya Spor
Bitcoins are an interesting concept and currency. But the scheme is flawed in many ways, and this is where bitcoins get their BS from. There's only one official branch exchange (Mt. Gox), so hackers will DDoS attack the site, cause delays in transactions, and increase the value / make people speculate and thus make the currency fluctuate in value as people gobble them up or sell them off in a panic.

A hacker can also use a virus to hijack the resources of a bunch of computers and create a botnet, then use those computers to harvest bitcoins illegally.

They provide much greater anonymity than using a credit card or PayPal, so they get used for illicit purposes a lot. Plus they aren't taxed yet, so governments are now attempting to tax them (ie. the Canadian govt), and law enforcement is attempting to tighten their grip on it. Bitcoins are one more thing that add to the "cybersecurity" concerns in politics lately for these reasons.

Slashdot has a lot of good discussions and posts about bitcoin. I'd look there if you want more info on it.
Luciano Hyppolite
...... ?

ahahahhaha,

the concept behind it is that you "donate" your computer time to process transactions of other people and in rewards for your services you are payed with bitcoins
Tesha Freudenstein
...... ?

https://www.weusecoins.com/en/mining-guide
Rolanda Clodfelder
Originally Posted by alchemy
Im currently investigating on mining bitcoins.
...... ?

Luciano Hyppolite
extremely volatile currency, good concepts behind it. Im currently investigating on mining bitcoins.
Ervin Calvery
There was quite a lot of coverage of it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22105322
Alease Fitch
Not on my watch, they're still climbing steady as far as I know ^^
(and as far as bitcoin-central.net tells me)
Ervin Calvery
The bitcoin market just crashed.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy