Recurring Nightmares while asleep about DJing

Recurring Nightmares while asleep about DJing
Posted on: 29.04.2013 by Kristel Stringfellow
I'm a DJ myself and been haunted by the same recurring dream for years.

I'm DJing at random venue either evening club, high school, dance, etc. location isn't very specific but either a school setting or evening club setting. I can't hear the music or recognize what song is playing but I do know that I'm actually DJ (mixing) I can't see my self doing the actual mixing. While playing music after an unknown amount of time, the crowd stops dancing and then just disappears like if they stopped dancing or got bored. I'm unsure how to determine this dream and trying my best not to read into it.

I have a gig every weekend and play out, I seem to do a better than decent job every time that I play out. Any ideas as to what this dream means?
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by JonathanBlake
Amongst other things - saw some crazy stuff up North S.
Yep....I hear ya bruv!
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by sarasin
ShellShock?
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by DJ
thats crazy about the dj evening mares. cant say I've had those, but i do get evening mares related to my military service
It would seem we suffer the same fate Jess.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by jakeintox
I get the one where I can't find the track I'm looking for in time and the song runs out fairly often, too.
I'm glad it's not just me then... I imagine that people in other professions must have similar, related dreams.
Maybe a milk-man dreams that he hasn't finished his round and he's run out of milk
Sherrell Dargenio
I have had the paralysis a few times...not nice.

Also had insomnia for a few months about 10 years ago....THAT was some BS.

However...I stopped smoking the herbs about 2 to 3 weeks ago now...and HOLY SHIT. I never used to remember my dreams etc when I was a toker...but now...its almost too much. Every evening I have some sort of continuation dream. I wake up, roll over and the dream continues.

Last week, I had 4 bloody evening mares in one evening . All different.

1) Some Rasta's took over my house and filled it with stolen goods! Kicked me out.

2) A good friend of mine took me to a Psychiatric Hospital and when I complained that it was too much for me to bear, she took me into the attic and started preparing a heroin syringe.....FREAKED ME OUT TOTALLY. She is not into that shit at ALL!

3) Was walking in Long Street in Cape Town with my mum and some guy made trouble with me. I told him off and he sprayed spray-paint in my face. My mum ran off and I could not find her!

4) Was at a mates house and all of a sudden the folks rock up and start accusing us of doing drugs! They looked in my toiletry bag and in my vitamin box....and for some reason my mates had hidden their E's in there and the folks thought I was dealing to them!!

MAN!....rubbish I tell you!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
This makes me scared for when I quit smoking. I only originally started because I couldn't sleep, now I rely on it to sleep... It's going to be a hellish month when that time comes
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos
You don't know that half of it mate.

I suffer from:
ISP and RISP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Mild narcolepsy and cataplexy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cataplexy

All this tied up in a neat bundle of awful bouts of insomnia, although these are getting rarer as I get older.
A lot of people have these disorders at some point in there life but mine have been constant since I could remember.
Fun times...not.

However...I stopped smoking the herbs about 2 to 3 weeks ago now...and HOLY SHIT. I never used to remember my dreams etc when I was a toker...but now...its almost too much. Every evening I have some sort of continuation dream. I wake up, roll over and the dream continues.

1) Some Rasta's took over my house and filled it with stolen goods! Kicked me out.

2) A good friend of mine took me to a Psychiatric Hospital and when I complained that it was too much for me to bear, she took me into the attic and started preparing a heroin syringe.....FREAKED ME OUT TOTALLY. She is not into that shit at ALL!

3) Was walking in Long Street in Cape Town with my mum and some guy made trouble with me. I told him off and he sprayed spray-paint in my face. My mum ran off and I could not find her!

4) Was at a mates house and all of a sudden the folks rock up and start accusing us of doing drugs! They looked in my toiletry bag and in my vitamin box....and for some reason my mates had hidden their E's in there and the folks thought I was dealing to them!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
nayit ruiz jaramillo
You guys have the 'Fear'!

I suffer from:
ISP and RISP

All this tied up in a neat bundle of awful bouts of insomnia, although these are getting rarer as I get older.
A lot of people have these disorders at some point in there life but mine have been constant since I could remember.
Fun times...not.
Kristel Stringfellow
I'm a DJ myself and been haunted by the same recurring dream for years.

I'm DJing at random venue either evening club, high school, dance, etc. location isn't very specific but either a school setting or evening club setting. I can't hear the music or recognize what song is playing but I do know that I'm actually DJ (mixing) I can't see my self doing the actual mixing. While playing music after an unknown amount of time, the crowd stops dancing and then just disappears like if they stopped dancing or got bored. I'm unsure how to determine this dream and trying my best not to read into it.

I have a gig every weekend and play out, I seem to do a better than decent job every time that I play out. Any ideas as to what this dream means?
Lilliana Perris
Yep....I hear ya bruv!
Lilliana Perris
Yep....I hear ya bruv!
Lin Danek
ShellShock?
Lilliana Perris
ShellShock?
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by DJ
thats crazy about the dj evening mares. cant say I've had those, but i do get evening mares related to my military service
It would seem we suffer the same fate Jess.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Originally Posted by jakeintox
I get the one where I can't find the track I'm looking for in time and the song runs out fairly often, too.
I'm glad it's not just me then... I imagine that people in other professions must have similar, related dreams.
Maybe a milk-man dreams that he hasn't finished his round and he's run out of milk
Ethel Feigum
My dj dreams are usually about being late and trying to untangle cables and losing pieces of gear while trying to set up. I get the one where I can't find the track I'm looking for in time and the song runs out fairly often, too.

When I used to wait tables I would have food service related evening mares all the time. Nothing worse than dreaming about work, then waking up and having to go to work!
Sherrell Dargenio

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
This makes me scared for when I quit smoking. I only originally started because I couldn't sleep, now I rely on it to sleep... It's going to be a hellish month when that time comes
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by Karlos Santos

I suffer from:
ISP and RISP

Fun times...not.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Cristian Carmona
thats crazy about the dj evening mares. cant say I've had those, but i do get evening mares related to my military service. BTW Karlos, crazy in love? really man, that sounds insane.
Delila Vandommelen
The one DJ part I remember in a dream is where I'm scheduled to play after a guy and the end of his time slot is near. We're chatting in between records, I've got my bag to the side.
All of a sudden the guy says "ok man, it's all yours" and vanishes. There's one minute left on the current record. The other turntable is not plugged into anything.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Angels... hahaha for fucks sake some people shouldn't be allowed to own computers.

Your just getting old lad... it's your bladder hahaha
Janyce Henningson
I keep waking up at exactly 1.11 & 2.22am - happens at random about every 3 weeks

I've Googled it and depending on which result you click I either:

1: Have a high carb intake
2: Am worrried about something
3: Am being contacted by superior beings to us (angels actually) to help save humanity
nayit ruiz jaramillo

I suffer from:
ISP and RISP

Fun times...not.
Lilliana Perris
Faaaaak....thats not cool man!

nayit ruiz jaramillo
I have a similar dream. I put it down to unresolved issues in my life, stress, worry about completing a project.

Mine is a little more specific.

I'm in a club I work at but when the dancefloor/dj booth was in a different room. Theres always 20 seconds left on the track that's playing and I'm always looking for a CD with Beyonce - 'Crazy In Love'... I don't find the CD and I often knock them onto the floor.
Dream Over.

I hate it. I have it quite a lot.

I suffer from multiple sleep disorders anyway. They are hereditary not just the typical "oh im an insomniac" that everyone seems to claim these days.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy