James Zabiela Style

James Zabiela Style
Posted on: 30.04.2013 by Lana Akey
I've been trying to figure out what style Zabiela is running he does tech house, electronica, breaks, some techno, house and just mashes it all together? For some of his sets don't really stick to one. What would you say his style is?
Keturah Mcglashan
Originally Posted by backtothefront
Hi Sam, ah yes, menage a trois, after the boat parties (now High Tide), do you mean? I've not been down to Soton for a while but saw him at Rhino Club, going back some years now though
Yeah that's the one. many lost evening s in rhinos. i was at uni at this time and spoilt for choice of decent non big name djs to listen to. like you i haven't been back for ages. prob at the same evening s!
Lashawn Maycock
Originally Posted by samgawthorp
Was this at the menage a trois evening s in the back room of the big club on the front?
Hi Sam, ah yes, menage a trois, after the boat parties (now High Tide), do you mean? I've not been down to Soton for a while but saw him at Rhino Club, going back some years now though
Keturah Mcglashan
Zabiela is one of the finest DJ's I've seen. I used to frequent Southampton a lot in the early 00's and had the pleasure of seeing him play quite alot, before he hit the big time (Muzik mag competition winner). He could do very cool things with just a pair of TT's and a mixer. Even got a copy of a mix CD he was handing out at the time, starts off with cool sample from Bladerunner He crosses genres and I love the eclectic nature of his sets. He's also a very pleasant chap as well, friendly and approachable.
Was this at the menage a trois evening s in the back room of the big club on the front?
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by xs2man
Personally I believe he is amazing. And I believe he has his own sound. It's just that sound crosses many genres from Tech House to Drum & Bass.
Personally, I believe he is the sound of the future. The way he uses all that kit he has is very futuristic. He's obviously a proper geek with the latest technology. His "niche" is less the genre of music, and more his creative flair while utilising technology.
I'd love to see him perform.
Good points. Seen him live, and yes brilliant albeit totally eclectic
Lana Akey
I've been trying to figure out what style Zabiela is running he does tech house, electronica, breaks, some techno, house and just mashes it all together? For some of his sets don't really stick to one. What would you say his style is?
Jeffrey Akinsanya
check this out... its more focus on the tech he uses but its interesting non the less...

i wudnt try to put him in a box..

Latina Samon
Why would you want to pigeon hole it?

He plays bits of everything and from my experience it tends to depend who he's playing before/after quite a bit.
I've seen him play an intense closing set at 4am at Warehouse Project after Sasha and Tong and seen him play a more varied set at Space in Ibiza. You could tell that one was his evening , his residency. He just did what he wanted and it wasn't as intense as the others I've seen.

The best was probably after Catz n Dogz (who he'd asked to be put before him in the main room rather than upstairs) and before Adam Beyer at Circus.
Keturah Mcglashan
Yeah that's the one. many lost evening s in rhinos. i was at uni at this time and spoilt for choice of decent non big name djs to listen to. like you i haven't been back for ages. prob at the same evening s!
Lashawn Maycock
Originally Posted by samgawthorp
Keturah Mcglashan
Zabiela is one of the finest DJ's I've seen. I used to frequent Southampton a lot in the early 00's and had the pleasure of seeing him play quite alot, before he hit the big time (Muzik mag competition winner). He could do very cool things with just a pair of TT's and a mixer. Even got a copy of a mix CD he was handing out at the time, starts off with cool sample from Bladerunner He crosses genres and I love the eclectic nature of his sets. He's also a very pleasant chap as well, friendly and approachable.
Lashawn Maycock
Lin Danek
Originally Posted by xs2man
Personally I believe he is amazing. And I believe he has his own sound. It's just that sound crosses many genres from Tech House to Drum & Bass.
Personally, I believe he is the sound of the future. The way he uses all that kit he has is very futuristic. He's obviously a proper geek with the latest technology. His "niche" is less the genre of music, and more his creative flair while utilising technology.
Good points. Seen him live, and yes brilliant albeit totally eclectic
Tamela Batara

Lin Danek
Also not getting Zabiela - from his under-rated "Sounds In Motion" on Hooj to the brilliant "Alive" and "Utilities" on Renaissance, the disappointing Masters Series and his sublime new track 'The Healing' on Involv3r he just doesn't seem to have found a niche. I don't believe a Producer/DJ NEEDS to be categorised, but I feel he hasn't quite fulfilled Sasha's prophecy of being the sound of the future.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy