Festivals, from the other side...

Festivals, from the other side...
Posted on: 09.05.2013 by Ethel Feigum
So my city is currently hosting a four-day rock festival...

http://bottlerocknapavalley.com/lineup

...and it's literally across the street from my house!

For the second day now I'm chillin' in my yard, drinking a beer and watching as THOUSANDS of people walk past my house into the event. Not to mention the amount of extra people out partying in our town! Absolutely crazy!

I'll be off in a few hours to spin my second of five after-parties this weekend!

Has anyone else here had any huge festivals descend on their home? We are a tourist town, but we've never had to deal with 30,000 people at once before.
Valeri Holderness
Originally Posted by jakeintox
It was pretty damn cool. Primus was amazing. Sitting in my living room with the Black Keys shaking my house was amazing. Getting a free pass because I live across the street was pretty amazing, too.

The after-parties and general evening life were crazy. At 10pm every evening the festival would let out and and the crowds descended on our little Downtown area. Every bar, restaurant, art gallery, etc.. got packed. Every dj and local band in town was playing somewhere.

Napa has always had a reputation for having no evening life. No clubs, few bars. Up until recently there was even a "no dancing" ordinance for any business with live music that didn't have a (very expensive) Cabaret Licence!

It was awesome to see my sleepy little town party it's ass off for a few days.
Thats nuts, how is that even a law!? Glad to hear you had a good time though
Janell Selser

For the second day now I'm chillin' in my yard, drinking a beer and watching as THOUSANDS of people walk past my house into the event. Not to mention the amount of extra people out partying in our town! Absolutely crazy!

I'll be off in a few hours to spin my second of five after-parties this weekend!

Has anyone else here had any huge festivals descend on their home? We are a tourist town, but we've never had to deal with 30,000 people at once before.
I won 4 day VIP passes to BottleRock on Wednesday afternoon. I was stoked until I found out it started Wednesday evening , fuck. I tried to sort things out so I can make it up there by Friday with no luck. I'm still bummed about it. The stand up comedy alone would have been worth the 6 hour drive from SoCal but seeing Violent Femmes, X, The Shins, Primus... arrrrg, I'm still pissed. Being a responsible adult really sucks sometimes.
Dannie Dimora
Has anyone else here had any huge festivals descend on their home?
Yep, i had the Heineken Jammin Festival for 5 years (2007-2011) about a kilometer from home. It was a massive, 3-day festival, almost 70k people a day. Crazy times...

Huge names, also, the police, pearl jam, linkin park, coldplay, sex pistols, 30 seconds to mars, cypress hill, black eyed peas, and so on and so forth..
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by hellnegative
Id be settin up the gear on my porch and inviting the crew over for a mini festival block party. lol
This!

And sell moonshine on the cheap!
Ethel Feigum

Valeri Holderness
It was pretty damn cool. Primus was amazing. Sitting in my living room with the Black Keys shaking my house was amazing. Getting a free pass because I live across the street was pretty amazing, too.

The after-parties and general evening life were crazy. At 10pm every evening the festival would let out and and the crowds descended on our little Downtown area. Every bar, restaurant, art gallery, etc.. got packed. Every dj and local band in town was playing somewhere.

Napa has always had a reputation for having no evening life. No clubs, few bars. Up until recently there was even a "no dancing" ordinance for any business with live music that didn't have a (very expensive) Cabaret Licence!

Thats nuts, how is that even a law!? Glad to hear you had a good time though
Ethel Feigum

Janell Selser

I won 4 day VIP passes to BottleRock on Wednesday afternoon. I was stoked until I found out it started Wednesday evening , fuck. I tried to sort things out so I can make it up there by Friday with no luck. I'm still bummed about it. The stand up comedy alone would have been worth the 6 hour drive from SoCal but seeing Violent Femmes, X, The Shins, Primus... arrrrg, I'm still pissed. Being a responsible adult really sucks sometimes.
Hank Guidas
Roskilde festival here in Denmark isn't too far away from me. It peaks at around 80k people. Last year when Bruce Springsteen played it was packed. Could be heard 15 km away
Lashawn Maycock
I live very close to where the Glastonbury Festival is held, so (almost) every year 125K+ revellers descend on a corner of Somerset, not including the artists and people working there.

It is always amuses me, people who haven't got any idea about country side life visit from more urban areas and try to 'act' the part i.e. wellies (which haven't seen mud ever in their lifetime), drink cider (yeah, coz that's all we drink down here isn't it?! ; ) and bang on about how they love the countryside, but haven't got a clue about how it is run/managed.

Any way I'm going again this year, it is an awesome festival
Ethel Feigum
Update: Bad Religion is playing in my front yard. Oh. Fuck. Yes.

My after-parties have been pretty chill so far, got to meet artists Chuck Sperry and Zoltron!

Oh, and soundcheck wakes me up at 9:30 every morning.
Dannie Dimora
Has anyone else here had any huge festivals descend on their home?
Yep, i had the Heineken Jammin Festival for 5 years (2007-2011) about a kilometer from home. It was a massive, 3-day festival, almost 70k people a day. Crazy times...

Huge names, also, the police, pearl jam, linkin park, coldplay, sex pistols, 30 seconds to mars, cypress hill, black eyed peas, and so on and so forth..
Lilliana Perris
Originally Posted by hellnegative
Id be settin up the gear on my porch and inviting the crew over for a mini festival block party. lol
This!

And sell moonshine on the cheap!
Luciano Hyppolite
awsome!
Emelina Chillson
Valeri Holderness
very cool, have fun man!

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy