Giorgio Moroder - as bad as Paris Hilton?

Giorgio Moroder - as bad as Paris Hilton?
Posted on: 23.05.2013 by Lawana Spratlen
Moroder doing a DJ Set, have not listened to it yet but do you believe that this is any different to Paris Hilton 'jumping on the band wagon'?

Im looking forward to listening to it, and especially his mixing and track selection.
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Originally Posted by The Mighty FV
Did you just post talking to yourself in third person? Be gone!

And theres nothing different here than what this community has become - a breeding ground of haters and jealous kids. It makes funny reading during breaks from production.
Yep the world should be full of ass kissing brown nosers, who "like everything" and have absolutely no dislike for anything.. That would make it magical.
Joesph Kasian
Originally Posted by keithace
im putting myself on timeout for the rest of the day...before i get myself suspended...

And theres nothing different here than what this community has become - a breeding ground of haters and jealous kids. It makes funny reading during breaks from production.
Shawn Vanhaitsma
ladies and gentlemen...the haters...hating on a bonafide legend of music and production...
Didnt realize anyone was hating on his past accomplishments and achievements ... interesting concept you have going on there though.
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Originally Posted by vpech013
Dude are you serious?? listen to it. It's literally the best music I've heard in years. It's increadible
What part of that was his own music? He triggered a hat and a vocal sample on the launchpad... they played 2 1/2 songs... with standard transitions. People are easily impressed now a days arent they?
Chet Maunsell
Originally Posted by BFLY
Moroder doing a DJ Set, have not listened to it yet but do you believe that this is any different to Paris Hilton 'jumping on the band wagon'?

Im looking forward to listening to it, and especially his mixing and track selection.
I'd primarily like to laud you for asking a very honest question (because you'd just like to know what the big deal with an old man behind a DJ booth in probably the most amazing evening club in NYC doing with a bit of help)...

Here's the big deal (and if it wasn't for that old man, we wouldn't be dancing)...

A: Giorgio Moroder is a freaking god! (He pretty much spells it out in his song Giorgio by Giorgio on Daft Punk's new Album) He redefined (along with Cerrone and multitudes of others) a different genre of music back in the day... some have classified it as Ital-Disco- yet once upon a time, the entire world were enthralled with a new kind of sound Internationally... that's where Niles Rodgers (producing credits on Random Access Memories- super producer of so many genres of music- just Google him) came into play. Think about how 'new music genres' become popular and scale what we know decreased by a billion times...

B: In that aforementioned song, Mr. Moroder stated that he didn't know and didn't care about technological limitations in song theories... he just wanted to be free... At the moment, we are all trying to physically quantize an aural feeling (mostly to our peers-)...

C: Musical technology has come so far in such a short span of time that it is difficult for us, right now, to keep up with whatever computer programs (be it music production, DJ mixing, actual mixers, monitors, the computers that we run them on, headphones, and turntable needle styluses) from year to year... Could you imagine a master craftsman, who at one time, was very instrumental in changing the entire world's scope of living life via music by simply listening to and believing his heart?

D: The mere fact that his appearance at Output (which I sadly missed) was, I believe, his personal tribute to us- the kids... I feel as if he wanted to see the legacy that he left.... and hopefully aren't squandering.

E: Also, coming from the time that people like Cerrone, Chic (which Niles Rodgers was a part of), and Bohannon are still inspiring those in the recent, and so called nu-disco eras... respect...
Latoria Kavulich
i say good on him!
some of you guys need to grow the fuck up or more threads are going to get closed and holidays issued.
Vikki Guinyard
ARE YOU SERIOUS????!!!! (to the OP) -

Giorgio Moroder is a living legend. Let's see how much any of us have to say for ourselves at 73 years old. Look at his resume - and then compare him to Paris Hilton.

who gives a sh#t if he can't beat match or whatever, he's a huge part of the reason why this culture exists at all. I was at the show in Brooklyn this past monday. one of the best evening s i've been to in a while - and maybe the most inspiring for me ever. Even the NYC crowd was going nuts - and that doesn't happen easily. The room was filled with electricity, love, and amazing music that most people can only dream of making.

it was all his own music, so yeah - its absolutely justified if he wants to experience this side of things. i'm very happy for him.

If you're making music for people to go out to dance to, you ought to know a little bit more about GM. learn your roots man, it will do you and your music some good.
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Originally Posted by The Mighty FV

Yep the world should be full of ass kissing brown nosers, who "like everything" and have absolutely no dislike for anything.. That would make it magical.
Joesph Kasian
im putting myself on timeout for the rest of the day...before i get myself suspended...

Margie Pavell
Margie Pavell
you're their leader...you should already know...
Shawn Vanhaitsma
ladies and gentlemen...the haters...hating on a bonafide legend of music and production...
Didnt realize anyone was hating on his past accomplishments and achievements ... interesting concept you have going on there though.
Margie Pavell
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Originally Posted by vpech013
Dude are you serious?? listen to it. It's literally the best music I've heard in years. It's increadible
What part of that was his own music? He triggered a hat and a vocal sample on the launchpad... they played 2 1/2 songs... with standard transitions. People are easily impressed now a days arent they?
Chet Maunsell

I'd primarily like to laud you for asking a very honest question (because you'd just like to know what the big deal with an old man behind a DJ booth in probably the most amazing evening club in NYC doing with a bit of help)...

Here's the big deal (and if it wasn't for that old man, we wouldn't be dancing)...

A: Giorgio Moroder is a freaking god! (He pretty much spells it out in his song Giorgio by Giorgio on Daft Punk's new Album) He redefined (along with Cerrone and multitudes of others) a different genre of music back in the day... some have classified it as Ital-Disco- yet once upon a time, the entire world were enthralled with a new kind of sound Internationally... that's where Niles Rodgers (producing credits on Random Access Memories- super producer of so many genres of music- just Google him) came into play. Think about how 'new music genres' become popular and scale what we know decreased by a billion times...

B: In that aforementioned song, Mr. Moroder stated that he didn't know and didn't care about technological limitations in song theories... he just wanted to be free... At the moment, we are all trying to physically quantize an aural feeling (mostly to our peers-)...

C: Musical technology has come so far in such a short span of time that it is difficult for us, right now, to keep up with whatever computer programs (be it music production, DJ mixing, actual mixers, monitors, the computers that we run them on, headphones, and turntable needle styluses) from year to year... Could you imagine a master craftsman, who at one time, was very instrumental in changing the entire world's scope of living life via music by simply listening to and believing his heart?

D: The mere fact that his appearance at Output (which I sadly missed) was, I believe, his personal tribute to us- the kids... I feel as if he wanted to see the legacy that he left.... and hopefully aren't squandering.

E: Also, coming from the time that people like Cerrone, Chic (which Niles Rodgers was a part of), and Bohannon are still inspiring those in the recent, and so called nu-disco eras... respect...
Bryon Taglieri
I am ludite when it comes to computers does anyone know if there is a legal download for this somewhere rather than just streaming.
Jetta Drenzek
To be honest, collaborating with Daft Punk, then watching their live sets, you're going to want to DJ.
Alla Bluemke
you know whats sucks? is that you are talking shit without even listening to it at all. Who cares if it is bandwagon or not, if its amazing shouldn't that be enough?
Hayden Raugh
Wow
Doreen Schurle
Haha yeah, it's pretty hilarious. The next set she did was better, and at least she was actually playing live!
Hayden Raugh
Have u actually seen the vid of her 'playing'?
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by city_boy07
At least his arms aren't constantly in the air showing gun signs and there isn't no flanger!! Speaking his name in the same sentence as Hilton is a joke
That's Hardwell you're believeing of :P
Hayden Raugh
At least his arms aren't constantly in the air showing gun signs and there isn't no flanger!! Speaking his name in the same sentence as Hilton is a joke
Zulma Ramji

Lawana Spratlen
Originally Posted by donstone
how exactly is this anything like paris hilton?

giorgio is a legend of a musician who is playing his own tracks. compare it to skrillex or deadmau5 maybe since that's sort of what's going on.
besides give the guy a break he's almost 80, you believe he understands these fancy new button pushing music making computers?

The set was pretty freaking good if you ask me
If the man wanted to DJ im sure he would have done it before he was 80. It smacks of paypacket djing.
Jerica Salava
he didn't even play Jack by Breach. Wanker.
Oretha Afful
how exactly is this anything like paris hilton?

giorgio is a legend of a musician who is playing his own tracks. compare it to skrillex or deadmau5 maybe since that's sort of what's going on.
besides give the guy a break he's almost 80, you believe he understands these fancy new button pushing music making computers?

The set was pretty freaking good if you ask me
Doreen Schurle

I've got mixed feelings about this one... he's clearly got an actual DJ next to him doing some of the work, BUT he's playing stuff live (admittedly just a once-a-bar hi-hat/crash in this video) on a Launchpad or something similar, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Certainly does seem to be a bit of a gimmick though.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy