its not all about playing to a crowd

its not all about playing to a crowd
Posted on: 26.05.2013 by Yong Aptekar
Just wanted to share my stoke, and possibly help some people out that are finding DJing infront of crowds to be less than it once was.

Last evening , 2 of my friends and myself, wired together 3 laptops (2 running ableton and 1 running reason) and my turntables, and just jammed. Some vocoder in reason, synth and drum lines in ableton, and scratching and sampling on the decks. We had the time of our lives. I've spun many house parties, and while I enjoy being alone on the decks, I had a blast just making music without trying to impress anyone. I've played in a few bands, and have been playing instruments for almost 2 decades, so I'm not new to playing in a group, but its been a while since I played WITH other people.

If you are bored, and have the cables, wire up your friends and see what you can make.

Experiences guys? I know there's some band members on this community . What do you guys believe about djing vs making music as a group (djing included)?
Len Lukawski
Originally Posted by The Mighty FV
Jamming is good, but nothing....NOTHING....compares to playing at a festival infront of thousands. It's the greatest feeling in the history of life.
Better than producing a really tasty, succulent casserole? Hmmmm
Yong Aptekar
Just wanted to share my stoke, and possibly help some people out that are finding DJing infront of crowds to be less than it once was.

Last evening , 2 of my friends and myself, wired together 3 laptops (2 running ableton and 1 running reason) and my turntables, and just jammed. Some vocoder in reason, synth and drum lines in ableton, and scratching and sampling on the decks. We had the time of our lives. I've spun many house parties, and while I enjoy being alone on the decks, I had a blast just making music without trying to impress anyone. I've played in a few bands, and have been playing instruments for almost 2 decades, so I'm not new to playing in a group, but its been a while since I played WITH other people.

If you are bored, and have the cables, wire up your friends and see what you can make.

Experiences guys? I know there's some band members on this community . What do you guys believe about djing vs making music as a group (djing included)?
Valeri Holderness
group jams a definitely a lot of fun and you can learn a lot as well. a bunch of djs locally (myself included) have been trying to set up a once a week group jam sesh, which im pretty stoked for.
Yong Aptekar
No expectation group jamming is awesome, but not like a casserole. I'm at work, and Smittten has made me very hungry. Thanks a lot dude.
Jorge Furber
Same here, I was preparing a set for a party with a friend, we had decided to do a tag team the evening before, we were prepping 4hrs before our set. And what we did during that practice time was incredible. It was the 2 of us and my ex in the house. We were just trying out stuff, and I do remember my ex saying that the practice set was one of the best he's ever heard in the group because we were simply trying things out, getting to know each other behind the decks, and not caring about the crowd. And even though no one heard that set, I still believe it was my best one ever!
Len Lukawski
Originally Posted by The Mighty FV
Jamming is good, but nothing....NOTHING....compares to playing at a festival infront of thousands. It's the greatest feeling in the history of life.
Better than producing a really tasty, succulent casserole? Hmmmm
Joesph Kasian
Latoria Kavulich
Yes!
some of my best mixing experiences have been our traktor vs cdj vs ableton jam sessions

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy