Gigs/booking Site

Gigs/booking Site
Posted on: 05.10.2013 by Paulina Schamberger
Hello DJ TECHTOOLS,

I am in the process of building a new online community for booking DJ's. Would this be something anyone would be interested in joining? The main premise is to give DJ's an outlet to meet new clients/club promoters and owners. In my search to find a site dedicated for DJ's looking to get booked was unsuccessful. From my own experience it is difficult to get booked for parties/events. Sites like Craigslist (on the free side), in my opinion has a lot of scammers, and other garbage ruining the experience. Others like thumbtack (I personally feel is a bit expensive), is heading in the right direction. However, it is not a dedicated site for DJ's.

I believe mobile dj's would benefit most from this type of community. However, I believe this can also be the way for Club DJ's looking to get booked in new locations. This can become the premier site to book DJ's.

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thank you in advance DJ Techtools!

Eddie (Dj Munstar)
Paulina Schamberger
First I want to thank everyone for their feedback. It seems like the idea is good one but maybe need to revised some of my points. The idea was to help new incoming DJ's get some gigs and not just in club. Also to become like trusted site for people not in the industry to book DJ's. I guess this would require more control and sort of a background check from said DJ to assure they have some sort of skill. I do understand putting the work in but sometimes people need a little help with an opportunity. Thanks again for the feedback and I will go back to the drawing board.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by The Mighty FV
I agree - promoters know what artists they want to book.

Artists know how to get shows; through hard work and being original. Through attracting punters and thus; making the promoter money.

It has been like this since the dawn of DJ time, a website full of DJs isn't going to change anything. Dedicate your energy to other things.
I like the idea of the site in a sense, but you're right. Today, it's how do I get famous first, then learn to DJ second. Weird how that works.
Joesph Kasian
Originally Posted by AllDay
This would definitely not work lmao. Its hard enough to find people that can half decently mix as it is. Reputation and being known are the only things that would get you a gig around here. 9/10 clubs would not approve. All the bedroom djs would tho im sure.

Artists know how to get shows; through hard work and being original. Through attracting punters and thus; making the promoter money.

It has been like this since the dawn of DJ time, a website full of DJs isn't going to change anything. Dedicate your energy to other things.
Paulina Schamberger
Originally Posted by Jayvee
If this is executed well, but more important if this gains a reasonably userbase, this could be a very nice platform!
I'd definitely be interested.
Originally Posted by Kwal
Thumbtack... Lol...

Is that site even legit? I've seen it, and the numbers they toss around in their ads and it seems a bit exaggerated,

e/ On topic, I'd be interested in this.
Originally Posted by ichitaka
I would be of course down for this. but a doubt a bit that promoters would use that platform. why should they use it?
Jayvee thank you for the feedback! I am trying to gain interest to help build the community. Please spread the word we a good enough following. I will make the site live.

Ichitaka Thank you for the feedback! I believe for promoters and DJ's this a great way to expand business/fanbase. For promoters looking to enter other markets outside their local network, this is a great way to communicate with a DJ's and vice versa. Of course without the a good user community this will fail. I am hoping DJ Techtools will help attract the DJ's, which is an important part for this to work.
Paulina Schamberger
Thumbtack... Lol...

Is that site even legit? I've seen it, and the numbers they toss around in their ads and it seems a bit exaggerated,

Thank you Kwal for your feedback! I actually just got on thumbtack but don't believe it is the best platform for DJ's and I question how much of these events are real. I bid on two events but not sure if they are legit. Which is why I thought a site dedicated to Dj's makes sense. If the positive feedback continues I will start building. Please spread the word. Thanks!
Paulina Schamberger
Hello DJ TECHTOOLS,

I am in the process of building a new online community for booking DJ's. Would this be something anyone would be interested in joining? The main premise is to give DJ's an outlet to meet new clients/club promoters and owners. In my search to find a site dedicated for DJ's looking to get booked was unsuccessful. From my own experience it is difficult to get booked for parties/events. Sites like Craigslist (on the free side), in my opinion has a lot of scammers, and other garbage ruining the experience. Others like thumbtack (I personally feel is a bit expensive), is heading in the right direction. However, it is not a dedicated site for DJ's.

I believe mobile dj's would benefit most from this type of community. However, I believe this can also be the way for Club DJ's looking to get booked in new locations. This can become the premier site to book DJ's.

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thank you in advance DJ Techtools!

Eddie (Dj Munstar)
Petra Arra
I used to toil in another community that has a dedicated section just for job posting.
then there are threads inside of by owners for apprenticeships/full time/part time or even contractual work.
they just ask for the portfolio and that's that.

maybe the OP has the same idea but the djs are the ones looking for work.

if we could get promoters/owners to get in one site and post vacancies for their clubs/bars/party, it could work.
Cori Ozanich
I'd love to see this happen, but realistically, I don't believe it will.
Alycia Niederriter
With the right users, and the right site, this could be good.
Hellen Mindrup
Originally Posted by The Mighty FV

I like the idea of the site in a sense, but you're right. Today, it's how do I get famous first, then learn to DJ second. Weird how that works.
Joesph Kasian
Originally Posted by AllDay
This would definitely not work lmao. Its hard enough to find people that can half decently mix as it is. Reputation and being known are the only things that would get you a gig around here. 9/10 clubs would not approve. All the bedroom djs would tho im sure.

Tera Baragan
Trula Willadsen
The idea sounds fun but the problem is quality control. Clubs can join but they might be flooded by DJ's in which case it will become to hard to figure out who is worth is money and when you are paying a proper price. So you would probably need to scan the artists and be sure of they're qualities before you'd allow them to solicit for a gig because you'd lose business pretty quick otherwise.

And there you have it, you are now another DJ-agency

There aren't any sites like this simply because it won't work. Everyone with a bit to much ego will join believeing it will be a goldmine, but the truth is these people will kill your business. That's the simple and sole reason it's so hard to get in anywhere, you really need to prove yourself as an artist.
Paulina Schamberger
Originally Posted by Jayvee
If this is executed well, but more important if this gains a reasonably userbase, this could be a very nice platform!
Thumbtack... Lol...

Originally Posted by ichitaka
I would be of course down for this. but a doubt a bit that promoters would use that platform. why should they use it?
Jayvee thank you for the feedback! I am trying to gain interest to help build the community. Please spread the word we a good enough following. I will make the site live.

Ichitaka Thank you for the feedback! I believe for promoters and DJ's this a great way to expand business/fanbase. For promoters looking to enter other markets outside their local network, this is a great way to communicate with a DJ's and vice versa. Of course without the a good user community this will fail. I am hoping DJ Techtools will help attract the DJ's, which is an important part for this to work.
Paulina Schamberger
Thumbtack... Lol...

Thank you Kwal for your feedback! I actually just got on thumbtack but don't believe it is the best platform for DJ's and I question how much of these events are real. I bid on two events but not sure if they are legit. Which is why I thought a site dedicated to Dj's makes sense. If the positive feedback continues I will start building. Please spread the word. Thanks!
Fatimah Czuprynski
Alease Fitch
Hellen Mindrup
Thumbtack... Lol...

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy