Need a new soundcard for my desktop computer

Need a new soundcard for my desktop computer
Posted on: 16.10.2013 by Britta Limehouse
Hey guys

i built a gaming rig the previous week without adding a nice soundcard....i was believeing getting the http://www.soundblaster.com/products...aster-zxr.aspx and hooking up my Alesis M1Active MK2 and a Subwoofer that i have...what you believe?
Britta Limehouse
Hey guys

i built a gaming rig the previous week without adding a nice soundcard....i was believeing getting the http://www.soundblaster.com/products...aster-zxr.aspx and hooking up my Alesis M1Active MK2 and a Subwoofer that i have...what you believe?
Alphonso Deitchman
More powerful? In what way?

Both have very good signal-to-noise ratio (116 vs 124dB). The main difference is that the op-amps are user replaceable on the ZXR. They also use different DACs and headphone amps.

I take back the previous post about recording as both cards seem to have identical I/O.
Britta Limehouse
isnt ZXR supposed to be more powerful? quality wise too
Alphonso Deitchman
If you don't need recording, there's not much benefit in getting the ZXR over the ZX.
Britta Limehouse
I don't need any recording, just playback

I should get it you believe?
Lina Rawie
I was considering that card when it was first released, but I emailed Creative to ask a few questions about recording and whether it offered direct monitoring and the tech guy that replied basically said that it was aimed more at playback than recording. I ended up going with an RME HDSPe AIO, which was more than twice the price, but I have no regrets.
Alphonso Deitchman
Have you looked at the rest of the Sound Blaster Z range? The Zx is almost as good and is half the price.

The fact that they have ASIO drivers could come in handy.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy